Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slower Than The Slow Focus Mk2 Build :d

1stghia

Hey all, 3 times grandad here :o wtf lol I love reading about what you guys and gals do with your focus's, especially the before and after shots. Your motors are a credit to you all. :D I currently drive a 55 plate 1.8 tdci focus ghia.

So I thought I would start to share my photos, don't get excited as per the title it's a slow tinker around, I have 3 gran kids so believe me when I say I am poor lmao.

stock photo of the front.

post-45522-0-44524300-1394890003_thumb.j

stock of the rear.

post-45522-0-32593200-1394890083_thumb.j

stock from drivers side.

post-45522-0-47405100-1394890123_thumb.j

stock passengers side.

post-45522-0-81255100-1394890191_thumb.j

stock from back seat.

post-45522-0-44552600-1394890154_thumb.j

First thing to go was the stupid walnut platic effect radio surround and the stock radio, i didnt want to change up to a mk2.5 radio as I didn't want the red lol, then gear knob and hand brake handle (what a pig to get off that was). Then it was the turn of the 1970's heater controls to go, a couple of chrome rings to see what they looked like, and finally silver carbon wrap. I also have full led internal lights front and rear. Would love to have a go at the switch leds.. when I get the bottle..

A few pics I took after hoovering the thing out after winter..and adding new pedals :)

post-45522-0-33646300-1394890526_thumb.j

post-45522-0-90874000-1394890544_thumb.j

post-45522-0-51404600-1394890584_thumb.j

I have just got hold of a second rear fog (clear) and hope to have a go at the 2nd reverse mod when my knees bend that far lol. The fog light is gen ford £15 off eBay the scrappy selling it listed it at the wrong price but was prepared to honour the price :D :D 15 quid not bad you may think?? how about if I tell you I got a whole mk2 bumper complete for £15 quid and postage?? lol honest I nearly wet myself.

all for now.

That's a good start so far mate, do you have any other plans? Where did you get the heater knobs? We're they easy to change?

The heater knobs were easy to change just pull the old ones off with a pair of pliers but make sure the teeth on the pliers are covered with a rag or something, to stop them chewing the plastic on the originals, got the heater knobs from eBay (china) took about 10-14 days, search for focus custom heater control knobs.

As for other plans they are an as and when really but I would like to add..

* Rear footwell lights (when I can find some of the led pods this side of america)

* Rear bumper ( not sure which way to go here as I want it a bit different, rather than ST or mk2.5) have looked at rdx racing rear lip as well as reiger rear lip/diffuser.

* Front bumper I would like a Focus CC or Ford appearance pack 2 for the mk2. (basically the same)

* Change factory rear parking sensors for silver.

* 2nd Led boot light (which I have just not got round to doing anything with, got a ford gen part to fit the second from breakers(was for a mk6 fiesta but identical))

* Rims unsure but I like the RS ones, would have to be 17" due to the amount of potholes around here lol.

* Headlight bulb upgrades.

* Headlights like the ones on brigante's build thread, I think they look wicked.

* Exhaust .. but depends how far I get with the above lol

* Rear ST spoiler as I still have the old black/grey coloured one.

* k&n replacement filter.

oops nearly forgot side skirts as with out them the car looks unfinished.

I think thats it :/ hope the mrs doesn't see this lolol

Remembered something else lol lowered a touch to loose the 4x4 look.

looks like you have made a good start so far and liking the sound of the other plans

Well decided to take the plunge and attempt a dual reverse mod :o

Sorry about the clarity on this, but the Sun had other ideas, anyway I have cut off the spare bulb holder .. holder :D did this at an angle to keep the bulbs away from each other when complete. Used the old wiring loom from the bumper I have spare ( see above post #1) stripped the old pvc tape off and re-taped the wires, check it's long enough and it is. (see pic below) This will be weaved and fixed to the loom that it clipped behind my current bumper.

post-45522-0-43311300-1395237817_thumb.j

Roughly marked out where I wanted my hole in the light casing and drilled it ( rotary tool has seized :) )

post-45522-0-60820000-1395237920_thumb.j

post-45522-0-80668000-1395237940_thumb.j

Cleaned the edge of the hole and holder to be glued, and roughed them with sandpaper and a stanley knife, also made a big schoolboy error :( as I was using a hole drill at an angle, I forgot to allow for the extra mm's long the hole would be, this took quite a bit of filing to put right!.

The two pieces have now been glued and taped for the next 24 hours and hopefully they will grip like a skid mark in your shorts :D.

post-45522-0-04840900-1395238190_thumb.j

Thats all for now as I haven't yet drilled the bumper, I will do that once the epoxy has set firm so I can take as little out of the bumper as possible.

Today I took the bull by the horns ... so to speak, and set about installing the second reverse light,. Overnight the epoxy set (and boy is it strong as I gave it a good old test) Cut away the inside of the bumper to allow the extra bulb holder to fit..

post-45522-0-66894100-1395321712_thumb.j

Hardest thing for me was to wire the new loom into the old one above the exhaust :o I have jcb hands and jeez was it tight, must of took best part of 2 hours just to splice in and tape.

Anyway checked the normal fog, looks slightly pink to me through the clear lens :/

post-45522-0-56379900-1395321821_thumb.j

Next the big test will it work first time ... normal bulbs in at the moment, as I didnt have cree's to hand at the minute, the new reverse picks up the shadow of the fog light bulb as you can see in the pic, hopefully this will look better when cree's are fitted.

sorry about the clarity, but it was blowing a gale when I took the twin light shot :(

post-45522-0-00307700-1395321959_thumb.j

Many thanks to the guide by lenny and all those members who contributed to that thread.

• Like 1

Today I took the bull by the horns ... so to speak, and set about installing the second reverse light,. Overnight the epoxy set (and boy is it strong as I gave it a good old test) Cut away the inside of the bumper to allow the extra bulb holder to fit..

attachicon.gif4d.jpg

Hardest thing for me was to wire the new loom into the old one above the exhaust :o I have jcb hands and jeez was it tight, must of took best part of 2 hours just to splice in and tape.

Anyway checked the normal fog, looks slightly pink to me through the clear lens :/

attachicon.gif4e.jpg

Next the big test will it work first time ... normal bulbs in at the moment, as I didnt have cree's to hand at the minute, the new reverse picks up the shadow of the fog light bulb as you can see in the pic, hopefully this will look better when cree's are fitted.

sorry about the clarity, but it was blowing a gale when I took the twin light shot :(

attachicon.gif4f.jpg

Many thanks to the guide by lenny and all those members who contributed to that thread.

looks Great Dave B)

• 3 weeks later...

Today's malarky :o fingers crossed..

post-45522-0-50904300-1397380850_thumb.j

All done although I don't think my engine likes it and I forgot to take a pic of it fitted lolol div!

post-45522-0-61986400-1397386287_thumb.j

post-45522-0-00309800-1397386299_thumb.j

:o Thanks for the reminder stoney I knew there was something else I forgot :rolleyes: although for some strange reason when I went out this morn I noticed 2 cracks in windscreen bottom center about 3 inches apart and 4 inches long, so not happy with that although I am fully comp but will still set me back 75 quid :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club