Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xtec Upgrade For Drl

Mozza1969

Has anyone fitted these to the h15 bulbs ? The fitting seems tight to go over the bulb and to get the bulb back in the headlight ...

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I can imagine that making the car look a lot more tatty in my opinion, depending what colour your car is I guess. From what I can see if looks like it will be noticeable whilst stationary parked and your ignition off or parked whilst away from the vehicle. But it would be down to personal preference at the end of the day; are they even road legal?

There horrendous, make an awful attempt at upgrading the drl. I learnt the hard way. In my opinion there too tight to go in the bulb hole and require trimming to fit the bulb and after all that fiddling the light output is rubbish. Not worth the money or time.

Just what I thought when I took them out the packet ... A pile of s**t I will be ordering the led headlights @ at £195 a side they are not cheap but you get what you pay for ...

I'd be careful before you go buying them at £195 a side, there not a straight swap from what I know. Require different loom plugs and programming I think ? due to the led set having dimming led as the sidelights and not 501 bulbs like ours, but how correct it is I couldn't tell you.

Looked into it myself but ended up putting it back due to hearing it wasn't a straight swap.

Yeah I agree with Nathan, I looked into doing this and almost ordered the parts but after speaking to 2 different ford dealerships they were not even sure they could swap them. As said it needs re- programming and they wanted a minimum of £100 to do so to try doing it. Plus the LED strips fail a lot (there have been reports on here) so you could end up burning a lot of cash doing this. Someone on here swapped his ZS units with the LED units from his ST and it didn't work at all.

• Like 1

The drls on my new 63 plate gave up after 2 months getting it fixed under warranty now after finding time to take it back to garage.

Thanks for your advise 2 ford dealers have given me different story's so I will do some research before I hand over any hard earned !

I've had 2 say possibly but not sure and 1 dealer just refuse to even try it lol! Let us know how you get on :)

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I have a 64 plate Zetec S. Has anyone found out how straight forward it is to change the standard DRL's to LED's. Do you just need the wiring loom plug and its plug and play or is it more complex than that? The standard DRL's look rubbish compared to the LED's. All Ford have told me is that the LED DRL's usually come factory fitted and would cost something £400 to potentially change to the LED DRL's because of re-programming and wiring?! not paying that!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club