Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2003 Idling High

roodi

MY 1.4 focus (84k on clock) is idling high when stationary at 1500rpm, what could be the cause.

I have looked for splits and tears in the leads that are visible and all seem fine, the throttle seems to be seated ok.

My neighbour has done diagnostic test and nothing comes up .

Please when replying use the full names of the parts as I am not very conversant with the workings of a car although my neighbour is trying to find the fault with me and he knows a little more.

I am new to forum so thank you for replies.

Hi,

I have the same issue with my '52 Focus... does you're one drop back to regular idle speed after a few seconds?

Mine does and the culprit is a 1" split in what I believe to be a vacuum pipe underneath the inlet manifold!

Taped it for the moment bought a neew one and getting a new one when I put it in for the mot...

Al

post-50136-13949076667_thumb.jpg

the picture shows a breather hose, which is one of the more common reasons for high idle when no codes displayed.

the grey part is a PCV Valve, you have a breather hose coming off of it, to a t-piece connector, with two further hoses conecting to the inlet manifold.

pull the PCV out the rubber seal, disconnect the 2 hoses from the inlet manifold..check carefully for any splits/collapse in the hoses, check the seal where the PCV is located for splits/good seal....any air leaks in the set up, no matter how small, will cause idling problems.

Awesome, thanks for the instruction!

Thanks for replying.

Just found the problem is a 1 inch split in the 't' shape vacuum hose on the front of the engine.Does anyone know the part number for this hose so I can get a new one.Is it possible to fit without removing any other bits?

I have now bought and fitted with consumate ease a new vacuum hose.Reckon I saved myself a few quid in the process.Its a nice feeling to think you've got one over on the garage.

Thanks to all who replied.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club