Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats different?

BenW

Read on here somewhere that the new fiesta's (post feb) have a newer software. Making the options different to before and new functions on the titanium?

Can anybody clarify this who has a new Fiesta (and/or titanium model)?

Just out of curiosity, and also will ford be offering an "upgrade" to cars pre feb build dates?

heya, It was me :D

I quote from other thread

"Any car built after feburary has a totally different software in it for the radio, one main feature i want is the fact in the AUX section you can play something called "BT Audio" which is the memory card in the phone linked by bluetooth, thus playing the music/sat nav stored on your phone through the car

how cool is that? x there are other features that the menus and look and feel of the operation is different too, no more holding down the down arrow to go from A to Z, it steps in 5's. etc... nip in your ford dealer one day and have a play with the showroom models now, radio is totally diferent in software, looks the same but the operation and way its displayed is different.

At first glance it looks the same but in the menus there is alot more features esp on the titanium."

hope this clears up your question,

Ford at first told me its tough! and have closed my case,

but i have pressured the dealer into updating it, its going in wednesday so ill find out, i have been told by the dealer it is possible although ford do not think its worth doing because of the cost of the upgrade. in warrenty time etc..

So summary:

YES it is possible to update it BUT ford will not do it unless you give them some serious stick, lucky for me i know someone who works at the dealership so he is doing me a "favor". although their would be a cost i guess if i wanted it done normally.

heya, It was me :D

I quote from other thread

"Any car built after feburary has a totally different software in it for the radio, one main feature i want is the fact in the AUX section you can play something called "BT Audio" which is the memory card in the phone linked by bluetooth, thus playing the music/sat nav stored on your phone through the car

how cool is that? x there are other features that the menus and look and feel of the operation is different too, no more holding down the down arrow to go from A to Z, it steps in 5's. etc... nip in your ford dealer one day and have a play with the showroom models now, radio is totally diferent in software, looks the same but the operation and way its displayed is different.

At first glance it looks the same but in the menus there is alot more features esp on the titanium."

hope this clears up your question,

Ford at first told me its tough! and have closed my case,

but i have pressured the dealer into updating it, its going in wednesday so ill find out, i have been told by the dealer it is possible although ford do not think its worth doing because of the cost of the upgrade. in warrenty time etc..

So summary:

YES it is possible to update it BUT ford will not do it unless you give them some serious stick, lucky for me i know someone who works at the dealership so he is doing me a "favor". although their would be a cost i guess if i wanted it done normally.

cool cool, do you know what the new features on the titanium are??

you'll have to give us a before and after update after you gets urs done :)

So this update only benefits the titanium? I have a zetec and want the latest software, but just want to clarify what the software does in very simple terms :)

Me too...so you can only get the upgrade on the Titanium?

I have a Zetec and don't want to be out of date already!

I'll get it - whoooo hoooo!! :lol:

Sorry guys, i only have a titanium so only compare titanium to titanium, but i believe it applies to Zetecs too, not checked,

i would advise you play for yourself, some may say im being picky others might say its worth mentioning.

P5100060.jpg

Above is a picture of the current AUX inputs, after the update it will list an additional one named "BT Audio" i dont have that car to show you, and the one in the show room didnt have bluetooth. But i will add photos after they hopfully update it on wednesday.

LOOK OUT FOR IT, ON A NEW FIESTA NEAR YOU lol :P

I'll get it - whoooo hoooo!! :lol:

Sadly i can not gaurentee you will get it, it depends what "old stock" they have laying around with old software.

Sadly i can not gaurentee you will get it, it depends what "old stock" they have laying around with old software.

Just realised, I wont get it! I've not ordered any USB / bluetooth option. Oh well I could have got it! :lol:

Just realised, I wont get it! I've not ordered any USB / bluetooth option. Oh well I could have got it! :lol:

in that case your get a very thin screen about half the height of the one shown in the picture above. about 3 to 4 cm.

Sorry guys, i only have a titanium so only compare titanium to titanium, but i believe it applies to Zetecs too, not checked,

I got my Zetec last month (March build) and it has the BT output in the Aux menu - not managed to use it though!!!

I got my Zetec last month (March build) and it has the BT output in the Aux menu - not managed to use it though!!!

Im going down to my dealer tomorrow so will ask about this.

Im going down to my dealer tomorrow so will ask about this.

does yours not have it? let me know how you get on please...

does yours not have it? let me know how you get on please...

Nope. Picked my car up on March 7th, and built in late Feb.

Will let everyone know what the out come is.

more to the point does it stop mp3 cds !Removed! skipping?????

more to the point does it stop mp3 cds !Removed! skipping?????

I hope so too. It's really annoying. I've tried all different encodings and types. Some tracks I managed to fix, some got worse. It's not the disc jumping because it happens at the same points in the same songs. I wonder why it has trouble?

(It'd also be nice if it scrolled the track names, so it didn't just cut them off after x characters)

the problem with the cds skipping is software related... most people say the firmware was made by a 6 yr old korean!! harsh but seems about right!

there was rumours they may start fitting sony units in late 2009 earliy 2010 but thats ages away still

the problem with the cds skipping is software related... most people say the firmware was made by a 6 yr old korean!! harsh but seems about right!

there was rumours they may start fitting sony units in late 2009 earliy 2010 but thats ages away still

The orginal radio was designed and built in essex, by Visteon, now farmed out using these designs :) as this part of Viseon has now gone due to "credit crunch" personally on MP3 at 192KBS i have had no problems. They update the software by the USB connector if you have it! takes about 2 minutes at most. :) or you can place a CD in it with the "multi.bin" file on.

Ours was built mid March 09 - and does NOT have the BT Audio option!

Ours was built mid March 09 - and does NOT have the BT Audio option!

Yeah it really does depend on luck i think at the moment, some have it some dont, i was told post feb as a rule of thumb but it seems alot are slipping thru.

Do you only get the BT Audio option with cars that have Bluetooth and USB? Mines USB less and doesnt have it.

I think its trim level orientated. What trim do you have? Also if you have the new software your have boxes around the options, if you've got them, you will know instantly :)

keep us updated. when was the car delivered/built?

I think its trim level orientated. What trim do you have? Also if you have the new software your have boxes around the options, if you've got them, you will know instantly :)

keep us updated. when was the car delivered/built?

I have the Titanium model, built 9th March. When i press the AUX button i dont get no options, it goes straight to Line In Mode.

I have the Titanium model, built 9th March. When i press the AUX button i dont get no options, it goes straight to Line In Mode.

If you push the arrow to the left whilst in the line in, it should change to the menu like i showed, in a photo earlier, if you have it, it will be listed in that list. if not i guess ur another on the list who wants it lol, well we've paid for it.

If you push the arrow to the left whilst in the line in, it should change to the menu like i showed, in a photo earlier, if you have it, it will be listed in that list. if not i guess ur another on the list who wants it lol, well we've paid for it.

Just popped to my car. When i press left whilst in line in it takes me back to the main menu with CD, Phone etc. When i press down for a few secs in the phonebook, it does skip 4 contacts so i guess it has the new software but USB less Fezzas just dont have the BT Audio option :(

What did you mean by boxes around the options? Your earlier photo had boxes around the options or have i misunderstood?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club