Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buzzing Noise From Rear Seats Or Trunk

nirni

Hi,

I bough 2 weeks ago Ford Fiesta 2011 automatic 1.4 (left wheel car) manufactured in Germany.

I've notice strange buzzing noise from the rear seats or trunk that sound like haircut machine, coming for 2-3 seconds, usually after trunning but also when parking, every 10-15 min driving.

I read here about such buzzing that related to climate control but I don't think it's the case since it happen also when air condition and radio is off for the entire drive.

It is very annoying sound... I firstly though its some stupid kid toy left behind :) but didn't find something like this in the trunk or under the rear seats.

The car stil under warranty till June14 and has the dealer responsibility for 2 years from now on engine and gear but I've wanted to know if there is a known issue like that in this model so that they (garage guys) would not wave me with statements like this happen in every fiesta...

Thanks in advance,

Nir.

If it was the climate, the buzzing would be coming from near where your right knee would be on the lower dash (left hand drive) It is quite an annoying sound, mine use to start from whenever the ignition was switched on, BUT, it didn't sound like iit was coming from the rear !!! Only thing I could think would be making a noise from the rear is the fuel pump in the tank (if applicable on this model).

Thanks Mike, it realy comes from the fuel tank area. But doesn't the fuel pump work contantly? beacuse the buzzing noise I hear is for only 2-3 seconds every 10-15min

I took the car to garage and it turned out to be the exhaust.

we found out that the buzz noise is coming exactly between 2100-2300 RPM (probably at 2nd gear, don't know for sue since this is automatic model), the reason is probably due to resonance frequency coming from the exhaust (faulty assembly ??).

Did anyone encounter something like this?

I had a similar sound coming from my fiesta 09 plate when I was in 3rd gear. I kept taking it back to ford and after 3 months of testing they couldn't figure out the problem so they let me swap out my car for a new one!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club