Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Electrical Fault

BloodyNiceBloke

Hello,

looking for some advice please on an air con fault on my 2003 Focus. I don't believe it's a problem of low gas as it appeared immediately. The system was working well previously and is regularly used.

The compressor clutch doesn't engage either when the a/c button is pressed (though the light on the button comes on) or when the air is set to screen demist.

The a/c button does light up when on the demist position, which it didn't do before.

I have checked all fuses and they are ok, and I have swapped the a/c relay with another to test the relay.

There is 12V at pin 1 on the relay and if I link pins 3 & 5 in the relay socket the compressor runs so the compressor, clutch and wiring to it seem ok.

Any suggestions very welcome as I've reached the limit of my expertise !

Thanks.

You probably have low gas u would need connect to ac machine an check wat pressures are in the lines an right amount gas in it system then u will have good indication where to go next

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks but I don't believe the problem is low gas. It will be an electrical fault for the reasons I said in my post.

Well it is protected by high an low pressure switch which will cut compressor out have u got a multimeter an wiring diagram

If the pressure is low the compressor wont activate as it needs the PAG oil which is mixed in with the gas to lubricate it to avoid it seizing up.

Mick85, thanks for the suggestion about the high/low pressure. I can't find any wiring diags relating to a/c in my Haynes manual. Do you know where the switch is ?

To be honest I would be getting it checked for gas first make sure right amount in the system cause either way u cannot replace a component without removing all the gas so ur snookered

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club