Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zs 1.0 Ecoboost On Order!

LightningMat

So, having looked at a few cars, I have ordered a new ZS to be my main commuting car. This will be my first Fiesta (I have owned plenty of other cars), but was seriously impressed by the fiesta as a whole package.

Spec: Candy Blue, 17" wheels, privacy glass, climate control, sat nav, city pack. Wasn't going to spec so many extras, but managed to negotiate a very good discount off the dealer, so couldn't resist!

Now I just need to settle in for the long wait! Dealer advised 10-12 weeks, and I don't have a build date yet.

1.0 125 Zetec S on order!

i have the same but without climate control, sat nav and city pack, you wont be dissapointed!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I found it quite difficult to choose the colour. I liked the white, but I wasn't sure, as most ZS's I see are white, and I felt that I wanted something a little different.

I got it down to Deep Impact Blue and Candy Blue, and in the end plumped for Candy Blue.

If I could have chosen any colour at all, I would have wanted a deeper bright blue, something closer to Spirit Blue, but that wasn't available on the ZS :(

Anyway, happy with my choice. I actually seen a Candy Blue ZS on the motorway last week, and it does look nice.

when i bought mine deep impact blue wasnt available, otherwise i probably would have gone for that, but the candy blue is a real nice colour, i dont see many others like mine around apart from in Titanium spec!

I don't like Candy Blue so much on the Titanium, with the chrome bits, but do think it looks good on the ZS with the black grill and no chrome!

yep i think it looks really nice on my ZS, was well worth the extra £'s to stand out!

Another candy blue zs owner :) you'll love it when you get it, I love the colour.

Haha, thanks Nathan... Now I just need to wait (too many) weeks until it is delivered!

Hahaa I know the feeling, I waited around 15 weeks. Itll fly by hopefully for you :) gives you preparation time to get parts for mods if your going to do anything to it.

Hi mate.

Sorry to ask but may I ask you how much you paid for this and where you got it from?

I only ask as this is what I fancy.......

Cheers

I found it quite difficult to choose the colour. I liked the white, but I wasn't sure, as most ZS's I see are white, and I felt that I wanted something a little different.

I got it down to Deep Impact Blue and Candy Blue, and in the end plumped for Candy Blue.

If I could have chosen any colour at all, I would have wanted a deeper bright blue, something closer to Spirit Blue, but that wasn't available on the ZS :(

Anyway, happy with my choice. I actually seen a Candy Blue ZS on the motorway last week, and it does look nice.

I'd say the Deep Impact Blue is as close to the ST Spirit Blue as ZS colours go

Hi mate.

Sorry to ask but may I ask you how much you paid for this and where you got it from?

Cheers

Hi Bigbreak

I have ordered through my local Ford dealer - They were very open to negotiation once they knew I was a serious buyer.

I looked at a few broker prices before I went, so that I had a good idea of what level of discount I would need to get to order direct from the dealer. I don't want to say exactly what price I paid, as everyone will get a different discount from their dealer, and I don't want to get into a debate around who got the best discount, etc...

Anyway, on top of the discount off RRP, Ford gave a £500 deposit contribution as I was buying on Ford Options (This is through ford finance, not the dealer direct), so that was effectively an extra £500 off final cost (although no good if you are a cash buyer!). As for the actual discount itself, some of it was manufacturer discount direct from Ford, whilst the rest was dealer discount.

If you are serious, take a look at some broker prices, and that will give you an idea of where you might want to aim for... However, there are some caveats:

1) Not all brokers source their cars in the same way - some get them through a finance company, others through a fleet arrangement, others source pre-reg cars, whilst others just put you in contact with a dealer who is prepared to offer significant discounts up-front - there are pro's and con's of each;

2) There is a lot to be said for the convenience of buying your car from a local dealer, so think whether you are after the absolute best price, or whether the convenience of a local dealer might persuade you to pay slightly more than you might through a broker;

3) Some advertised broker prices are only 'representative', therefore the actual price may differ.

If after all of this, you think buying from a broker would be the best option for you, do make sure you do your homework and fully understand what buying from any particular broker means to you (some, for example, won't pass the V5C document onto you until 6 months after purchase - If this worries you, then check - there are brokers who don't do this - not all brokers are the same!). I am not saying that buying from a broker is a bad idea - Far from it, in fact, but you have to understand the potential implications of doing so.

Happy shopping!

• Like 1

I'd say the Deep Impact Blue is as close to the ST Spirit Blue as ZS colours go

I do agree, but I just felt that the Deep Impact Blue was a shade too dark for my tastes (but to avoid upsetting anyone, I do think it is a nice colour still!!) - I suppose what I was really saying is that my 'ideal' colour would be somewhere between the Candy and Spirit Blues!

Yeah I like Blue cars but my current car is close to the Ford Deep Impact Blue so I wanted a colour I'd never had before & something different so I went for White

There's still a tiny part of me that wishes I had gone for Silver but I'm sure I'll be happy when I pick my ZS up

Hi mate.

Cheers

I'd say somewhere around 13k before options sounds about right, I don't know if people agree

• Like 1

I'd say somewhere around 13k before options sounds about right, I don't know if people agree

Between 13k-13.5k

That's good I think..... Hmmmmm, might do some research !

Remember, every dealer will offer different discounts (and even different discounts to different people) - You could even get all scientific and only buy at the start or end of a month/quarter, when the dealer is trying to make sales targets... There are a whole bunch of things that could potentially influence the discount you might be able to negotiate - hence why I think it isn't right to get into an exact figures comparison with other people - If after a bit of research, you think you are getting a good deal, then you probably are! :)

A good deal in one persons eyes might not be good in another persons

Just had an update from the dealer...

Build date of 11th April, with delivery to the dealer 3rd May, so should pick it up the following week, fingers crossed! :)

A good deal in one persons eyes might not be good in another persons

Hehe, wish I could have gotten my car at UK prices, paid roughly £19000 for my 1.0 100hp titanium, only extra was cruise control and the color of my car :-P

Don't know what the standard equipment for a titanium is in UK, but here in Denmark its not too impressive, didn't even get the stereo that has Sync and bluetooth. But I got an arm rest and manual aircondition, win :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Woah! I thought we had it bad in the UK, but that is crazy money! (Although I presume it is comparative with other car prices where you are?).

Titanium spec in the UK is fairly good - They do have the Sync stereo as standard here I believe.

Not sure if this link will work for you, but here is the link to the UK brochure (link downloads the pdf brochure).

Woah! I thought we had it bad in the UK, but that is crazy money! (Although I presume it is comparative with other car prices where you are?).

Titanium spec in the UK is fairly good - They do have the Sync stereo as standard here I believe.

Not sure if this link will work for you, but here is the link to the UK brochure (link downloads the pdf brochure).

Wow, the UK titanium has some nice equipment :-) here in Denmark, a titanium includes, leather steering wheel, ambient lighting, center console with arm rest, manual aircondition, led front light, misc. Chrome stuff, seat heating and fog lights, and finally some rims, but it some 15'' standard, don't really like the look.

We have like 180% taxes on cars here, so it's normal for Denmark, but still a decent amount I would say.. :-)

Wow, the UK titanium has some nice equipment :-) here in Denmark, a titanium includes, leather steering wheel, ambient lighting, center console with arm rest, manual aircondition, led front light, misc. Chrome stuff, seat heating and fog lights, and finally some rims, but it some 15'' standard, don't really like the look.

We have like 180% taxes on cars here, so it's normal for Denmark, but still a decent amount I would say.. :-)

And the £19000 was after my discount :-D