Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Cameras Drivers And Cyclists

Hyrule

That first one was hilarious to watch, shame the council dropped the fine though.

The second one, even though that women was in the wrong for what she did, so was the cyclist for what he did after the confrontation.

All the others were just errrrrrr really.

I hate cyclists with a passion, I'm a cyclist myself and I adhere to the RTA in accordance with my driving licence as a motorcyclist. But I see so many cyclists that flout the laws with what the RTA, speeding, drink driving, no helmet, no lights, running red lights, lane hopping and the list is endless with it. My attitude with cyclists and I take it from myself, if you can't abide by the laws of the road then don't be on it.

Must admit, I don't like pedal-cyclists.

Was driving in Sheffield once - I was coming out of a side-street onto the main road (Eccleshall Road, actually). The pedestrian crossing on the main road to my right was on red, so I pulled out turning left, just as a cyclist came whizzing past out of nowhere, straight through said red light.

He then proceeded to b*llock ME for nearly knocking him off. :angry:

In another incident I got stuck behind about six cyclists pootling along at 5mph, riding three-wide on a b-road so nobody on that side of the road could get past - they kept looking back so they knew I was there. When I eventually got past after more than 5 minutes, all patience had evaporated so I dropped it into 1st and booted it, leaving them in a cloud of diesel smoke. Not really mature of me I know, but a little common courtesy wouldn't go amiss. It's prats like that who give all cyclists a bad reputation.

I got an email a few days ago, the argument of Cyclists consent to use the road, as they do not pay "Road Tax".

The argument was made that no such thing as "Road Tax" has existed for many years, this is because "Road Tax" is actually "Vehicle Excise Duty" or more appropriately dubbed "Car Tax". all these arguments came up on the page, why cyclists should and should not be able to use a road.

I have to say. if the cyclist just gets in the way and makes no effort to "blend in" then it shouldnt be there. I myself was on a cycle years ago, made sure I kept up with the pace of traffic (often could ride in the middle of the road without issue or upsetting traffic), kept out of the way as much as possible otherwise.

I hate it when cyclists do nothing to blend in or make any effort at all, and those in the clips show an example of both sides, those who do as they should, and those who think they are above the Road Traffic Act!

I'm sorry but cyclists have just as much right to use the road as cars and should not need to move out of the way for other vehicles. http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/cyclists-and-drivers-sharing-the-road.html might be an interesting read.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I'm sorry but cyclists have just as much right to use the road as cars and should not need to move out of the way for other vehicles. http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/cyclists-and-drivers-sharing-the-road.html might be an interesting read.

I agree mate, there are idiots on both sides of the spectrum - car drivers and cyclists. However cyclists aren't the ones manning a 2 tonne metal weapon - and although there are plenty of stupid ones, I have a lot more "beef" with the clueless car drivers in my area who take no notice of their surroundings - they are accidents waiting to happen.

I'm sorry but cyclists have just as much right to use the road as cars and should not need to move out of the way for other vehicles.
Yes they have just as much right to use the road, but not when they're going out of their way to !Removed! everybody else off (and that goes for drivers, too).

Agree entirely Richard, I meet a lot of sensible cyclists whilst on the road, but you get the odd ones who deliberately cycle like idiots! Our area is full of one way streets / roads and it gets daft at times, but a few cyclists around here choose to get in your way and miff you off, they see you, they cut you up, they then sit int he middle of the road (Where others are happy to move far over, or even pause in a gap to let you through).

Dont get me wrong, I pay "Road Tax" in that its there to go towards the highways infrastructure, I dont find myself anymore in priority to use the road than a cyclist, however, I dont expect them to apply their suicide to their cycling, or those who do it to wind you up!

There are some roads around here that are a few miles long, single track, I have had the same cyclist sit there and slow down as he is going along, even though I give him a cars length behind him, he refuses to move into a gap to let you through right at the start of the road, and expects you to just crawl at tickover for the mile or whatever it is!

this happened in my town last week,CAUTION VERY STRONG LANGUAGE.

www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/local/video-warning-very-strong-language-in-video-as-motorist-launches-tirade-of-abuse-at-cyclist-1-5931849

this happened in my town last week,CAUTION VERY STRONG LANGUAGE.

www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/local/video-warning-very-strong-language-in-video-as-motorist-launches-tirade-of-abuse-at-cyclist-1-5931849

:blink:

"Am I w4nker?!"

Er, yes, actually. :rolleyes:

Oh, and for what it's worth - if I had some old git speaking to me like that and assaulting me, I'd have no alternative but to act in self defence and put him in intensive care. Prats like that need bumping back down to earth.

I had an idiot cyclist today. A group of them were cycling along a road in a line. I start overtaking, giving them plenty of room. The second one pulls out to overtake the front one without looking, right infront of me. These weren't professional cyclists, just a bunch of students on their way home.

Then again, had an idiot driver yesterday decide to overtake me whilst I was slowing down with my indicator on to turn right, in a 40mph limit and with double white lines. Driving a Mk2.5 Focus too. Saw another one today. Car slows down to allow bus out of layby. Driver following is too impatient so overtakes, narrowly avoiding hitting an oncoming car and the bus.

Oh and lets not forget idiot on mobility scooter, tootling along national speed limit narrow country road and with 5 dogs, none of which were on leads. Someone driving fast could have killed a few of the dogs if not her.

Unfortunately, as in all walks of life, it's the few that ruin it for the many.

Just like motorcycles. I love biking more than driving. But the moronic few that like to do 90 in a 30 on the back wheel make us seem a very anti social group to most.

Shame really.

Anyone know when the first bus video date was as I go through Barnes almost everyday and never knew about that

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

There are good drivers, bad drivers, good cyclists , bad cyclists etc, etc. I ride as much as I drive and always stick to the rules. I stop at red lights, keep as far left as i can without riding in the gutter, stop if a lorry is having a problem getting past, slow down and even stop to let cars turn in front of me, and most of the time i get a nice thumbs up from drivers. I think because i drive as well i know whats its like having a cyclist in front of you. The roads are big enough for all of us if we were ALL just a bit more considerate.

BUT, the biggest issue i have is with pedestrians, they are the biggest pain. The other week i had someone walk into the road in front of me, without looking. I hit her and I nearly ended up under a passing car. I was about to ask if she was ok , even through she was totally in the wrong, when instead she abused me for 5 mins about what a !Removed! i was riding my bike on the road. I said if i had not been there she would have been hit by the car as she was looking the other way, but she just could not see what i was trying to say. Apparanly being a cyclist i should stop when ever someone wants to cross the road. At this point i lost it with her. Calmed down and rode of fuming.

Apparanly being a cyclist i should stop when ever someone wants to cross the road.
Just goes to prove that pedestrians should read the highway code too (because that "rule" isn't in it).

Clearly Paul, you were entirely in the wrong! did you not know that the pedestrian highway code states that much like the bible describes, the presence of a pedestrian on the road or highway should then part all traffic for a clear path through?

I really must say I have to laugh at this, you hit her and saved her backside as she would have definately suffered more otherwise! but how dare you ride a cycle on the road! I mean, you should know that you should float with your bicycle however many miles it is to the nearest cycle route that does not travel anywhere near where you want to go! :p

Pedestrians do think they own the road, and sadly, they go on the basis that clearly its everyone elses fault if they are injured,and sadly its the "have you had an accident that wasnt your fault?" culture!

Highway code: Rules for pedestrians.

1. Pavements (including any path along the side of a road)
should be used if provided. Where possible, avoid being next to the
kerb with your back to the traffic. If you have to step into the road,
look both ways first. Always show due care and consideration for others.

end off. :)

I think I'll buy a copy and keep it with me, just in case I 'bump' into her again.

Also have the one where cyclists are not permitted on the pavement too, so where you supposed to ride? It does annoy me where pedestrians seem to have more right of way on the road than vehicles.

Just to add to the "pedestrians have right of way" thing - there are circumstances when they actually do; i.e. When they've already started across a zebra crossing, or when you're turning into a side-road which they've already started to cross. In both cases you have to give way to them.

Just to add to the "pedestrians have right of way" thing - there are circumstances when they actually do; i.e. When they've already started across a zebra crossing, or when you're turning into a side-road which they've already started to cross. In both cases you have to give way to them.

They dont have to be crossing a Zebra crossing, if they are standing on the pavement waiting to cross you should give them the right of way.

I thought they actually have to have a foot on the crossing in order to make cars stop? But of course that's hardly safe, stick your foot out and it gets crushed lol. Thus drivers (generally) stop whenever people are waiting.

I thought they actually have to have a foot on the crossing in order to make cars stop? But of course that's hardly safe, stick your foot out and it gets crushed lol. Thus drivers (generally) stop whenever people are waiting.

Stick your foot out, LOL. Its like the mums who push their pushchairs into the road before them, whats thats all about.

Had to look it up!

Rule 19 (for pedestrians): "Remember that traffic does not have to stop until someone has moved onto the crossing" and Rule 195: "you MUST give way when a pedestrian has moved onto a crossing" and "do not wave or use your horn to invite pedestrians across; this could be dangerous if another vehicle is approaching".

So technically, seeing as most sober pedestrians rarely step out in front of moving traffic you don't actually have to give way to them!

Rule 19 (for pedestrians): "Remember that traffic does not have to stop until someone has moved onto the crossing" and Rule 195: "you MUST give way when a pedestrian has moved onto a crossing" and "do not wave or use your horn to invite pedestrians across; this could be dangerous if another vehicle is approaching".

BUT Rule 19 also states.....Zebra crossings. Give traffic plenty of time to see you and to stop before you start to cross. #confused.com :wacko: :blink: :D

I'm just to polite. :)

Thats pretty stupid though, so they have to step onto the crossing, and so the road, before you have to stop. I would have thought that standing by the crossing facing the road should be enough, although you could get some muppet who just likes to stand at crossings all day with no intention of crossing. :D

Reminds me of trigger happy tv, when he used to dress up as snail and crawl across zebra crossing, so funny.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club