Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20011 Fiesta Titanium Paint Chips Inside Arch

Invasion

Was cleaning my car the other day, and have just noticed chips on the inside rear wheel arches. The chips are on both sides; on the little return at the bottom. (See attached picture)

Having a look at Ford dealer yesterday I notice now the 2014 fiestas are now fitted with black plastic plate over this area. ???

So is this a known problem/fault others have had, Or is it just mine, and would this come under warranty for ford to repair ? I am really worried about corrosion in this area.

Greatly appreciate any help

Adam

post-52348-0-35029500-1395149121_thumb.j

I have emailed local dealer pictures to their bodyshop.The guy I spoke to, has said he has never seen it before. But it does

Need attention. Going over tomorrow so he can take pictures, and raise a warranty claim with ford. So my fingers are crossed that they will deal with it. He did say that Ford may say it is underneath the car and not covered !

Just looked.

Mine has a black plastic deflector fitted, held in place with two metal clips.

Not sure if this is a recent addition or not?.

But I can see your concern.
You should be covered under warranty but that is little comfort when the damage has been done.
I would see what Ford have to say first.

Just looked.

Mine has a black plastic deflector fitted, held in place with two metal clips.

Not sure if this is a recent addition or not?.

But I can see your concern.

You should be covered under warranty but that is little comfort when the damage has been done.

I would see what Ford have to say first.

I've been to Ford dealer just waiting now, for Ford to come back and give thumbs up to repair under warranty.

The guy I spoke to didn't think it would be a problem and the fact they have now fitted the stone chip protector you have on your fiesta to all the new models, kind of means they know it is a problem.

Just hope he gets email back soon with the go ahead

Fingers crossed that Ford will repair under warranty then.

Fingers crossed that Ford will repair under warranty then.

I am hoping he will get back to me this week.

Can't remember the hole process but he said he would need to etch and repaint wheel arches. And see about putting the plastic chip guards on.

I want to get it all done as I was in the process of selling but don't want to pass it on until it is 100% perfect and as good as new, and how I would like it as I think this is oh fair. When it does sell it will be going on a fiesta ST2; haven't told the wife that part yet though ;)