Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Suspension

Rob-P

Hey guys

Looking to replace the suspension on my 01 plate Focus. The old girl needs some top plate and strut mount repairs but all the springs are corroded so I'm thinking of getting the whole lot replaced.

I'm thinking of maybe taking this opportunity to fit lowering springs too. Has anyone got any recommendations?

I've been told that the rear units are difficult to replace and may require some parts to be broken to get into it. The price difference I've been given is £106 per front and £160 per rear does this sound about right?

Not true ford drop the rear sub frame in order to do these parts so nothing would need broken but given the age youll likely need rear upper control arm bushes too in that case youre better buying a kit from eBay with all the bushes and having it all replaced

Wow, that sounds kind of a huge job. I am sort of wondering if I might just save the cash a bit to maybe get a newer car.

The Focus runs ok and I like it a lot but I just wonder about how much to sink in to a 13 year old car.

an independant can take up to £600 depending on what needs cut off on the rear usually it means replacing the whole lot youll need these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-UPPER-LOWER-SUSPENSION-TRAILING-WISHBONE-ARM-BUSH-LINK-KIT-FOR-FOCUS-MK1-/251306264384?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item3a83054740

and these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FORD-FOCUS-MK1-REAR-SUSPENSION-TRAILING-ARM-BUSH-FRONT-X2-/251275373793?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item3a812dece1

then the springs and youre really going to have to replace the shocks on such an old car then the labour costs

Even with the sub frame off doesn't necessarily make it an easy job and there is still a risk that parts will need to be butchered

Damn, this is starting to sound worse and worse. Sounds like I am better off just getting the small job of the top mount and strut link done and leave the rest.

i agree with steff thats why its best just doing the lot like above also 4 wheel alignment would need to be done too

on an old car the shocks will be pretty weak so adding lowering springs wont help but will make handling worse thats why its best just doing all that needs to be done it sounds a lot but its up to you on wether you think its worth it or not

It can be a very involved job, stripping the rear subframe down can be a nightmare and usually is! Personally I wouldn't go trying to touch it unless you really need to

Wow, ok. Thanks for the advice guys. I wanted to maybe have a go on the front set myself. The rear ones I will probably get a garage to do. There is a local independant that is prett good.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club