Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Oval Ford Badge Removal (Poor Paint)

ralph

Hi

Just noticed the blue oval ford badge on the rear of my 2010 Mondeo Mk4 Hatch is starting to bubble under the blue paint... I guess if it gets worse I will buy a replacement. I gues water has somehow got in under the badges laminate surface!

Firstly ...... Is this a common fault?

Secondly.... If I take the original one off, does anyone know if it is just stuck on with double sided tape, or is it attached by a bolt through to the inside of the tailgate??

Thanks in advance

Ralph

I think it's a common issue - I tend to see a lot like it.

The one on my Mk3 is just stuck on. I know because I had to get the remainder of it off after some git broke it trying to steal it.

Easy to get off - get a bit of dental floss and slide it down the back of the badge, sawing backwards and forwards through the tape that holds it on. I got the remainder of the residue off by rubbing it with a damp cloth, and did the final clean-up using Scratch-X.

Hi

Just noticed the blue oval ford badge on the rear of my 2010 Mondeo Mk4 Hatch is starting to bubble under the blue paint... I guess if it gets worse I will buy a replacement. I gues water has somehow got in under the badges laminate surface!

Firstly ...... Is this a common fault?

Secondly.... If I take the original one off, does anyone know if it is just stuck on with double sided tape, or is it attached by a bolt through to the inside of the tailgate??

Thanks in advance

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Yeah, it's common. Basically happens to every badge!

I don't know if it's held on with tape or a bolt. But, you get overlays on eBay. From what I've seen, they look just as good.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

and if you find the floss snapping,then use fishing line.its a ford thing there all crud :o

It's happened to mine in looking to get gel overlays to put on as I have they are a good replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks everyone

I'm looking into the Gel overlays too but surely if you're sticking them over the top of the existing badge they will stick out/protrude a long way and look a bit odd? ....

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Check out the thread Francesca the dirty diesel. He has a set on his. You'd never know their there.

I have DMB gel overlays on mine too (well, all but the back one, which was black and silver and looks the dog's doodars, which is probably why somebody decided to steal it).

You honestly can't tell that they're overlays.

I've been looking at dmb ones so looks like they are a good choice

I've been looking at dmb ones so looks like they are a good choice

DMB advertise as being ford approved, or something along that lines. Wouldn't think they would be bad.

Get them quick if you want a set.

Ford are withdrawing their licence to produce them in a couple of months.

Just ordered DMB Chrome/carbon for front & rear...... Will let you all know what they're like!!

Finally stopped raining so fitted the gel overlays today... They are in chrome and carbon and I'm really impressed with the improved look!

Thanks for suggesting DMB

Ralphpost-15750-139611344513_thumb.jpgpost-15750-139611345814_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club