Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bushes

Luke Fletcher

Evening All,

does anyone know how to diagnose worn rear bushes?

Thanks all in advance

see if there is any wear on them. usually a visual inspection will tell you everything you need know. if in doubt get a jimmy bar and prise againt bush you think is failing

if im honest mate I would not know where to start.....would my car make any noises because currently the rear right hand side of my car is make loud creek/squeeking noises when on uneven road and I am not sure what it is(it sounds like it is coming from the front right hand side all the way to the back but predominantly the rear). the last two days it has got so much louder and getting a bit concerned. it sounds like something is loose or rubbing/hitting on something but I cant explain it

thanks

if a bush has failed, then you would get clunking banging, over bumps etc...... if there is squeeking then this could be failed suspension....

just have a look and see if there is something that doesnt look right..... see if your rear shocks have dampness on them, check your rear springs see if there is a carck in any/see if they are sitting in the correct position in the strut.... tbh bushes are quite self explanatary

A worn bush can creek and squeak so it could well be bushes. I've just done a set of VW polo bushes for this reason

it is really hard to describe the noise if im honest - it is more of a squeak/creek than a bang or a knock. how much roughly to change bushes on a mk7 fiesta??

unsure, your best to ring a local garage, but always replace in pairs....

yeah I will cheers

trouble is I don't want to be repairing something that isn't the problem - I guess it is process of elimination i suppose.

Without inspection it is impossible to say what the problem is, it could be an anti roll bar bush - nice and cheap or it could be worse

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club