Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Lights For Number Plate.

mitch84

Hi

I have led lights above my number plate , I like the look of the white glow they give off but the problem is they don't seem to last very long.

I always thought leds were quite long lasting, perhaps its because the ones I get are not very well made as I do normally just get them off eBay.

Does anyone know of place to get leds at a reasonably price that last a bit longer? , seen as some cars have leds as standard in number plates I'm sure they don't need to change them every 6 months. So Im guessing mine are just not very well made.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Well, I had a moan about eBay ones. I originally bought a couple from Halfrauds which were about £6 for 2, just to see how they looked.

I then bought a load of them from eBay to do the whole interior. Every single one of the eBay lights has since failed - some only lasted a few days, while some managed a couple of months. The Halfrauds ones are still going strong.

Wow, I am surprised, as I bought all my LED Bulbs from eBay, replaced pretty much all bulbs on the car for LED with a couple of exceptions) none of them have failed! had them in there for over a year and they were all perfect.

Wow, I am surprised, as I bought all my LED bulbs from ebay, replaced pretty much all bulbs on the car for LED with a couple of exceptions) none of them have failed! had them in there for over a year and they were all perfect.

Any idea which seller they came from? I guess it's not right to suggest that every LED bulb on eBay is crap, as there's bound to be somebody who isn't selling cheap Chinese imports.

I got some from autobulbsdirect in the end only £8 for a pair so not to bad, see how they go , more suggestions welcome though!

cheers

I use "alltronix" for anything bulb related.

Sick of the Chinese knock offs....

Take a look at my build thread, it shows you all the bulbs I had in my car, from the sidelights, to the rear's and links to them or equivalents! :)

Hi

I have led lights above my number plate , I like the look of the white glow they give off but the problem is they don't seem to last very long.

I always thought leds were quite long lasting, perhaps its because the ones I get are not very well made as I do normally just get them off ebay.

Does anyone know of place to get leds at a reasonably price that last a bit longer? , seen as some cars have leds as standard in number plates I'm sure they don't need to change them every 6 months. So Im guessing mine are just not very well made.

Can anyone help?

thanks

I might be wrong when I say this, but I'd say that your problem is less to do with the LEDs themselves, and more to do with something like poor wiring/cheap components. LEDs last an absolute age - they can literally last decades. I'd ditch the cheap ones, and Shell out for some pricey ones. They are more expensive, but they should last longer, and if they do, they will save you money, because you won't be replacing them every 6 months. A brand that I'd trust is Bosch. I'm not sure if they make LED lights, but I'd check for Bosch ones before going with any other brand.

Take a look at my build thread, it shows you all the bulbs I had in my car, from the sidelights, to the rear's and links to them or equivalents! :)

I just looked, and incredibly, you got yours from the same seller I got my batch of duds from in February 2012!

Rather Ironic :S but mine are still going and going!

very weird! have you tried anymore?

All the ones I have now, came from Halfrauds. I need one for the glovebox as that was last of the cheap ones to go and I didn't have a replacement. I should get a few spares in, really.

The ones I have are LEDs whereas the ones you have as far as I could tell, were all SMDs. Maybe that's the difference?

Could well be! I prefer the SMD where possible, they seem to be more heat resistant than the others, those sidelights have been running with the headlights throughout winter for at least 90 minutes a day and had no issues at all.

thanks for that link , is it better to get the whole unit then?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club