Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Fan Type Washer Jets

jeebowhite

Do you want in?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be up for buying the jets?

Ive got the original ford fan jet that I had from a year or so ago, I can confirm that they fit the MK4 mondeo as I fitted them onto mine over the weekend and they work a treat

Hi guys, yeah the group buy will still be on if we want to and can get enough folks involved. I need to have a chat with Steve as I might need to get his involvement :-) I'm hoping that the club shop might be able to club in and stock some as well :-)

Don't forget to vote yes if you haven't already!

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Do the brand new models have the mist spray jets or the standard ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I think most have the mist jets if not only the higher models....

Sorry for the daft question, is my mondeo titanium x business edition going to have the mist jets?

When was the change made from normal ones to must jets?

Hi Adam, not 100 percent sure but I expect it probably will have them. To be honest I don't know for definite that they are standard...

I will just check on Wednesday when my car is delivered

The first time mist jets came available were when the MK3 Focus came out in 2011.

Where they made standard though Clive?

AFAIK they are standard on MK3 Focus, can't vouch for other models.

OK guys, well, I am in conversation with Steve (site owner) with regards to seeing what we can do, however, my concern now is that the amount that we are bringing in will raise eyebrows with customs, and we know that the one thing the tax man likes to do is bend us over at any opportunity!!

So, I have just checked and the concern is that perhaps this might push the price up by about £3 a shot (presuming I read it right and did the maths right!) so, unless I can work out a way to reduce the costs with Steve and get some further idea's, the question to you guys is, would you be willing to fork out the extra three quid, or if I did the numbers wrong and it worked out at a tenner a shot if thats what it works out to be?

I suspect the way that I will do it will be - If you guys say yes to this, then as we are at the moment, I would ask you guys to pay me say £30 each, then, if the tax man lets it through without bending us over, then everyone would recieve a tenner reimbursement, and we score! alternatively, if the tax man does bend me over, then at least the cost is covered....

Let me know what you guys think, and I will keep you in the loop as to my discussions with Steve, it might be that if we absolutely must pay import fees, that it might be easier if we get the site to buy the stock then you might opt to buy the stock from the site!

I will keep you guys in the loop! but the guess is that the cost may be about £23 a pair.

I'd still be interested.

The tax man is a c**t though. Lol.

So prob would be around £30 a pair.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Yeah I am still trying to negotiate a deal and final costs and am hoping to get them cheaper but will get back to you all with those once negotiated.

• Like 1

Are these mist thingies adjustable? I have some on mine since about a year ago and they never seem to clean the top-left of the windscreen as the water never seems to get up that far.

I've had a look at the jets and there seems to be no way to adjust them upwards a bit (both sides spray at the same height).

Hi matey, not quite, they can be lightly adjusted by a drop of super glue at the bottom of the nozzle, but they tend to be fairly static.

Well, I have just popped out at lunch and fitted the jets, took me about 20 minutes, as about half of that was trying to release the old jets!

for reference, I found that a pair of locking pliers set to attach to the nozzle and release the clip was the best idea, then, using a flat blade screwdriver with the head covered (plastic, tape, anything to stop the body scratching) I then levered up the front of the jet, then when it was a few mm's off the bonnet, I would then pop the locking pliers off and pull it out.

But they are fitted and work a treat, the fan sprays very well, it reaches from bottom to about 80% of the top, but clears sufficiently, I might experiment with jamming blue tack at the bottom of the nozzle to see if the height can be extended!

Anyways, I have video's that I need to play with and I will get them uploaded.

You currently have two options now! both of which I am still trying to negotiate with Steve and the supplier.

1) you could buy them direct from the seller, they currently price at around $33 USD with free postage (around £21)

2) I am looking to negotiate a deal with the seller to see if we can get that price trimmed down a little for direct purchase

3) Still investigating the idea of the group buy, but, this would result in import taxes and other fee's and might increase the price a tad!

I will keep you all in the loop, but if anyone does want to explore option 1, let me know and I will give you the details.

Did you have any troubles with a customs bill or anything like that?

If not I'll go direct if that's ok.

I should get them sooner. Lol.

Hi Karl,

Nope, no customs issues. If you pay under £15 for goods then your not likely to be hit with a customs bill, to be honest, I got a deal at £14 as I was sampling it before a bulk buy, worst case scenario, if it was sent and customs have hijacked it, then there might be a couple of quid charge for it...

Ok. Cheers for that.

I'd go direct then mate if you can supply me with the seller.

No worries, to be fair even at the price they are it's a good deal better than the likes of Allen parts 36 quid for the mist equivalent,!

Guys,

I am in the final stages of negotiation with the reseller about a discount for forum members. It looks like we might be able to get a discounted rate for members of $25 (approximately £15) and I am hoping that includes free shipping. This is an $8 saving on the listed price. I am currently also in discussions with Steve as to how we can manage this discount on the forum.

Hopefully over the next day or two I should be able to finalize the arrangements and let you all in on the deal :D However, in order to keep the costs low and avoid additional charges, I believe its in the best interests for us to do individual purchases with the retailer rather than a group buy. It could save about £7 on the group cost purchase per set, and would mean that its sent directly to you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

mine arrived today - will probably be the weekend before I fit them though

Nearly three weeks from date of ordering

James - did you receive a thin black rubber pad with clear plastic backing film on both sides in your package?

I did, although mine was blue!

not particularly sure what its for :p