Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Warning Light!

Focused on my Focus

Afternoon everyone,

On my wifes 1.4 52 plate (68,000) Focus, the door open warning light keeps flicking on and off. I've checked all the doors, including boot and there's nothing open.

I've slammed the boot and the light stays off for a while but then comes back on.

Any ideas what causes the light to flicker?

Many Thanks

Wayne

One of the sensors is playing up, but the problem is thatthe older focus doesnt specify which door or boot is open, you would need to isolate that much I guess and see if you can track which swotch is playing up.

One of the sensors is playing up, but the problem is thatthe older focus doesnt specify which door or boot is open, you would need to isolate that much I guess and see if you can track which swotch is playing up.

Thanks for the speedy response James.

Any idea how i might get around isolating which switch it might be?

Many Thanks

Wayne

Right now I couldn't say I would pop to a scrappy and pick up 3 mechanisms cheap and replace all, or 5 if it's a 5 dppe

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Pity it wasn't a MK2 as then you would have an in-built diagnostic mode.

Yeah thats the problem, and short of wiring in some sort of notification to each door to track it, you might as well just replace the catches, probably cheaper and easier in the long run!

Right now I couldn't say I would pop to a scrappy and pick up 3 mechanisms cheap and replace all, or 5 if it's a 5 dppe

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

appreciated James cheers mate

• Like 1

Pity it wasn't a MK2 as then you would have an in-built diagnostic mode.

Just my luck cheers Clive

• 2 months later...

did you solve the problem i'am having the same trouble only my light just stays on, can any one tell me if i disconnected each one in turn would this help to find the faulty switch or would this make the light stay on any way

this would show the lights staying on all the time as the connection is always open.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club