Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Registration Plate Lights

CheeseMonkey

Hello,

I've been doing a bit of reading about replacing my number plate lights on my Mk7.5 Fiesta. Has anyone got photo's of their own?

When I had my golf I bought a full LED light cluster from Germany for £40 and to be fair they were cool but super bright. I don't even know if I would go for LED ones on the fiesta, it's just the standard yellow ones make it look so crap at night especially considering they fit it with drl's etc.

Oh and where you got them! B)

Like I say, I might even opt for brighter bulbs rather than ropy eBay led ones that break, I just want rid of the yellow!

Cheers team, Gary.

Got mine off eBay. Were only a couple of quid. Just search for "w5w smd led".

post-49691-139524963696_thumb.jpg

The lights are really easy to get out. Just slide an allen key or small screw driver into the hole on the right of the light and push the clip gently towards the light and it should pop out enough for you to pull it down. Unscrew the bulb holder and pop the new one In.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Lots to choose from lol... What type/style did you go for?

Gary.

Edit: Silly nexus won't let me attach my eBay screen shot lol

I recently just changed mine I got these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281108042302?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

There really good and really bright really easy to change aswell as you just swap over the unit

Also couldn't help but notice from your picture you went to ABGT050 @ Alexandra Palace I went aswell was such a good night

post-50725-139530935249_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I went for the wee £2 ones :D

The light cluster you've got is similar to what I had before it my golf! They are really bright!

And yeah ABGT was brilliant, I've booked up for SW4 already :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

post a picture when you get them be great to see what they look like

yeah i was going to go to SW4 just to see Above & Beyond but i changed my mind I'm going to Creamfields now literally can't wait :)

I got the ones from pul vision as well.

Can't fault them, year warranty with them bright quick delivery and good price. Can't fault them

Finally got round to putting them in, it's not dark yet but they don't look like they will be over the top and attract attention.

I love the no canbus on ford's :D

post-48528-139586255845_thumb.jpg

Old one is left. New on is right.

Old one is left. New on is right.

Are you sure? :D
  • Like 1

Haha.. Pretty sure :p

ive followed this link and done mine 2day looks well good !! cheers lads only cost 2.95

• Like 1

Erm can anyone help I have broken the metal springy clip thing that opens the 'lens' and can now not open them to replace the lights in the plate lights :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine off eBay. Were only a couple of quid. Just search for "w5w smd led".

attachicon.gif1395249635920.jpg

The lights are really easy to get out. Just slide an allen key or small screw driver into the hole on the right of the light and push the clip gently towards the light and it should pop out enough for you to pull it down. Unscrew the bulb holder and pop the new one In.

as i posted above i bought set of these for my Zetec S

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281108042302?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649&clk_rvr_id=622884647725&afsrc=1

and as you can see from the image i posted a while ago there really bright and was just wondering as I've now got an ST2 i want change them again do the ones you bough look like there more OEM LED's because i found that i didn't really like the ones i bought before in the end because they were really bright too bright

as i posted above i bought set of these for my Zetec S

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281108042302?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649&clk_rvr_id=622884647725&afsrc=1

and as you can see from the image i posted a while ago there really bright and was just wondering as I've now got an ST2 i want change them again do the ones you bough look like there more OEM LED's because i found that i didn't really like the ones i bought before in the end because they were really bright too bright

I just bought 2 LED Bulbs and put them into the original holders. Not really sure what the benefit is of the ones you got especially since there £25 more!

I just bought 2 led bulbs and put them into the original holders. Not really sure what the benefit is of the ones you got especially since there £25 more!

how much did the LED Bulbs you got cost? i think i might give the ones you got a shot because there look nice and not too bright where as you can see from the image i posted a while ago the ones i previously bough were insanely bright and also got abit fed up of being blinded when opening the boot when it was dark lol

how much did the led bulbs you got cost? i think i might give the ones you got a shot because there look nice and not too bright where as you can see from the image i posted a while ago the ones i previously bough were insanely bright and also got abit fed up of being blinded when opening the boot when it was dark lol

Only a couple of quid. The ones I linked to previously are still on.

• 7 years later...

Hi I was pulled over the other day and was told that my number plate lights are to bright I have the auto beam led units in dose anybody know where I stand on the situation thanks.

Do the officer not explain to you where you stand?

3 hours ago, Ewan McGrath said:

I was pulled over the other day and was told that my number plate lights are to bright I have the auto beam led units in dose anybody know where I stand on the situation thanks.

Guilty !!! :sad:

The actual offense should they proceed with prosecution is "Displaying an unauthorised  white light to the rear of the vehicle'

The offense does not incur penalty points on your licence but a Magistrate will issue a fine of about £80

On 3/12/2022 at 12:46 PM, unofix said:

Guilty !!! :sad:

The actual offense should they proceed with prosecution is "Displaying an unauthorised  white light to the rear of the vehicle'

The offense does not incur penalty points on your licence but a Magistrate will issue a fine of about £80

Aren't number plate bulbs exempt as long as the actual bulb itself isn't visible?

On 3/13/2022 at 10:34 PM, cjay1 said:

Aren't number plate bulbs exempt as long as the actual bulb itself isn't visible?

They are not exempt they have to meet certain criteria in order to conform. Hence the fitting is marked with the "e" standard, for example e11

The criteria is based upon the designed lamp being used, for example a 5W tungsten filament. If you replace that with a LED, then the lamp fitting no longer conforms to the "e" standard to which type approval was granted. 

This applies to all lights on a vehicle, so changing the original lamp to something different will in most case invalidate the type approval. 

• Like 3

Saw this on youtube, about 8 mins in from the police about led number plate lights

• Like 1

An interesting little video. I love the very helpful comments like "please don't tint the lights so much that they can't be seen from a reasonable distance". So how does that work in real life ? What is a reasonable distance ? In what level of daylight ? How bright should the light be ?

There are in fact very stringent criteria that all vehicle manufactures have to comply with. Working on the subjective opinions that he gives through out the video you just need to get enough people to say "it's fine" and that will be OK, or if a police officer thinks in his opinion it's not OK then he can prosecute.

Fortunately the law deals with facts not opinions. Therefore if he feels that a light can't be seen at what he believes is a reasonable distance he will have to prove it scientifically, using facts such as measurable light at a given distance.

........and finally

Just to reinforce the problems of applying 'opinions'  the OP who started this thread got stopped by an officer who thought in his opinion the number plate lights were to bright. Presumably this other officer would think that the lights were just fine. Maybe they are, or maybe they're not.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club