Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17-Inch Y-Design 8-Spoke Alloy Wheels

Silverbackmatt

Wanted to change my standard 16 inch Titanium wheels to the 17 inch Y-design wheels....cool or uncool? OR maybe the 16 inch ST wheels?

post-46381-0-81072500-1395256925_thumb.j

Not a fan of those myself but its all personal taste, most alloys look better recoloured though, so maybe that might be an option too?

(Most like gloss black, but and metallic colour that contrasts the bodywork seems cool to me)

Thanks for the reply.

Gloss black, Never thought about changing the colour.....Just can't see the standard Titanium wheels looking cool in black?? But maybe the Y design might?

To be fair I think those y design ones would look much better coloured, even gunmetal grey possibly. For myself the 'stalk' of the y is much too thick in my opinion, but maybe with a glossy or metallic colour it may not be as bland

I really like those wheels and personally would leave the standard colour, as said above though alloys all come down to personal opinion and colour is determined by your vehicle colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

The more I look at those Y Design the less I'm liking them myself lol, It's good to get other peoples views so thanks very much......maybe the ST wheels?

I had them on my focus! I must admit that they don't look that great on their own, but on the car it looks really smart and fills the arches properly.

I think it suits the car really well and has stood the test of time well!

Whatever you go for mate, you need to show us when its done! :)

Man I'm so confused now lol....but I will show the pictures when I get them fitted....whatever wheels I end up with lol

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Don't go for st alloys they are 18 inch and will make your car ride high. Where as the titanium has 17s standard so won't affect it noticeably.

Hi Luke.

I know what you mean about the 18 inch ST wheels making it ride high but I've found a set of 16 inch ST design wheels on eBay that look cool - eBay item 271406133936 £339.99 Set....look cool. I'm trying not the wreck the ride too much so 16/17 inch is as big as I want to go.

Ye I'd go for the17s I've got the 17 titanium alloys. Personal taste I think too many people put st alloys on there cars.

Also are the wheels you put the link up too. Are they genuine? I've not seen that style in 16s before. They made a mini st style but not this type.

No I don't think they are genuine ford alloys but they look ok. Works out expensive once the tyres are included.

The eBay wheels aren't genuine. There pre Facelift copies of an 18" ST wheel. Ford never made a 16" in that style.

How about the wheels that came on the Facelift focus Style 2008? There 15 / 16" ST looking and are genuine Ford wheels.

I'll post a piccy up of what I mean.

ford-focus-1-8-tdci-style-5dr-71382999-4

I had after market 18" ST wheels on a Zetec S Which looked good but rode terrible

post-5052-139535554823_thumb.jpg

That Zetec S is a cool looking motor and in the best colour too. Be great to see the picture of those wheels on the 2008 style.

Just added it to my previous post :)

Those wheels look great, I'm liking that they are genuine.....Thanks for the picture.

Brilliant, Thanks for the brochure link.....just what I was looking for.

I'd personally go with the ST alloys as they look brilliant, the ones your showing were for the Focus Zetec-S model.

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Ok cool, Thanks for the info.....can't wait to change these Titanium wheels.

Focus Zetec S had these as standard

post-5052-139536217811_thumb.jpg

And these as an upgrade (not on the 1.6)

post-5052-139536221826_thumb.jpg

And these are the Facelift ST wheels (18"s)

post-5052-139536234869_thumb.jpg

The Style upgrade were these

post-5052-139536239425_thumb.jpg

And Zetec upgrade

post-5052-139536242277_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks mate, To the untrained eye you could easily get them confused, But looking at them together I can see the differences. I've not had my focus long but I'm learning lol....much appreciated.

I've had a few focus's from new so have a fairly good idea.

You just need to find a pair at the right price but definitely don't get the 18"s if you want a smooth ride.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club