Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help anybody.

griffh

Can anybody point me in the right direction here.I just got a van which has been converted using a GTi motor.

The clutch is whining when I depress/touch the pedal.There is some slack in it also. It also seems whiny at the opposite end.A bearing or alternator maybe? Regards the clutch end might it be the thrust bearing or possbly not set up right when the swap done?

Thanks,

H

• 3 weeks later...

The clutch may not be suited to your new engine or even its installation done correct ,im afraid only on e way to find out,drop the gearbox and look

• 2 weeks later...

Has it got the GTI box or the van box. Apparently you can use the van box if you make an adaptor plate, someone i know used the van box and had problems using the clutch. Mine has the GTI box and i have no problems with it whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...
Has it got the GTI box or the van box. Apparently you can use the van box if you make an adaptor plate, someone i know used the van box and had problems using the clutch. Mine has the GTI box and i have no problems with it whatsoever.

Hello,

Sorry I havent replied earlier,been out of the country.I dont know what box it has,is there a specific number or way of telling?

I am planning to fit a RS2000 with box into it soon and so I just want to be safe in the short term.

That begs another question,do I need RS2000 ECU.The van has the GTi ECU+ transponder pats which flashes the indicators when you lock it (with the key) . I am sick of Fords and all the different types of anti theft gear,its a minefield to me the uninitiated.

I am fairly sure the GTi ECU wont be perfect for fuelling but will it get it running? Can it be re mapped to mimic the RS200 type?This would seem the best way if its possible owing to the alarm setup.I can get a non pats RS200 ECU,would this work do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Sorry I havent replied earlier,been out of the country.I dont know what box it has,is there a specific number or way of telling?

I am planning to fit a RS2000 with box into it soon and so I just want to be safe in the short term.

That begs another question,do I need RS2000 ECU.The van has the GTi ECU+ transponder pats which flashes the indicators when you lock it (with the key) . I am sick of Fords and all the different types of anti theft gear,its a minefield to me the uninitiated.

I am fairly sure the GTi ECU wont be perfect for fuelling but will it get it running? Can it be re mapped to mimic the RS200 type?This would seem the best way if its possible owing to the alarm setup.I can get a non pats RS200 ECU,would this work do you think?

I'm not 100% sure on that side of things. Best bet in an ideal world would be to swap everything to be honest. At least you know then everything should be right

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club