Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Rescanning Usb Drive & Poor Speakers

Scully

I'm having an issue with Sync in my 2013 Fiesta Titanium. I have a 64GB USB stick plugged in and every now and again, for seemingly no reason, I turn on my car and it needs to rescan the songs on the USB stick. This only happens occasionaly and there doesn't seem to be any reason for it. I've tried buying a new 64GB USB drive, but I'm having the same issue with that. It's like the act of turning on the ignition sometimes destroys the media library index (wherever it happens to be stored). Is anyone else having this issue?

Also I'm pretty unimpressed with the Speakers. In my 2012 Fiesta Edge, the sound at high volumes (I like listening to metal) was fine. With the 2013 Titanium, the sound at any higher volume is truly awful. The bass distorts, my drivers side door panel rattles and the Speakers in general seem overloaded - which is surprising, considering I thought the Titanium was supposed to be a massive upgrade over the Edge. When using the 'rock' profile, it seems nothing like a normal 'rock' profile, and seems to quieten most of the sound and bass. Kind of like they knew the Speakers couldn't handle drums, so they turned it right down in that profile. Have I ended up with faulty speakers or does anyone else think the Titanium speakers are a downgrade on a 2012 basic Fiesta model?

Cheers
Scully

I think the stereo is pretty good. But the car works best quality wise with the equalizer left alone. I use the eq on my phone to sort that out. Too much bass via the unit makes the door card rattle.

Not uncommon for it to rescan it, it does it with my phone if I leave it plugged in and turn the ignition off, it stops charging it so therefore has no constant feed otherwise it would harm the battery life, also asking the car to back up 64gbs worth of data is asking a lot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for your reply, Matt. Shame to hear that I'm not the only one with the door rattle issue when the bass is set high. Most annoying thing about it is that this wasn't an issue with the Edge model from the previous year, so I may well be asking the dealer whether they can 'downgrade' the Speakers and put some padding in.

As for the USB thing, the car isn't backing up the music, just scanning it all to create a database (which I presume it stores on some internal memory). This process takes a few minutes due to the number of songs I have on there. Most of the time it doesn't rescan when I turn on the engine, just sometimes. I don't know whether a power surge when I turn on the engine is causing the database to get wiped, or whether a power surge is doing something to the USB stick to make it think it's a new stick or just whether I have a faulty component, but it is irritating to have to wait a few minutes before I can listen to music when I haven't even pulled the USB stick out, let alone add any more songs to it. I'm hoping that a firmware update will solve the issue, but shall have to see. Think this is one for the dealer to sort out. Guess most people use their phones to play music from like you, rather than having a memory stick with it on, so maybe it's not a common problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club