Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Sidelights...legal???

Silverbackmatt

This has probably been covered many times before but I'm a new boy so could someone clear this up for me please.

Can I legally fit white LED sidelights to my Focus and drive on a public road without getting a pull from the police?

Thanks

Theoretically, the bulbs need to be E Marked to be legal, however, I purchased many LED Bulbs for my car, none of which are E Marked, and I have never had any issues with the police, or the MOT.

The only exception was I got a gack set of LED brake lights, and the bobbies thought they were busted, when in fact they were just dim, so I got pulled, checked and let off.

I've had LEDs into sidelights for the past 3-4 years and not had any issues with the police nor the MOT

Thanks for the replies.

What about the brightness issues at night? I fitted led lights last year but took them out the following day because they looked too bright for other drivers.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Cool....i take it they don't come out too bright?

Nope, never had any complaints

Thanks mate I'll defiantly look into them.

Your never going to dazzle anyone with LED sidelights, so I wouldn't worry. Its just they are a much crisper colour and whiter than the other bulbs.

That's good to know, Thanks for all the help.....Looks like I'm gonna be fitting them tomorrow :)