Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Clutch/flywheel Knocking?

mr-venn

Just had new clutch and flywheel fitted, and when clutch is up it's knocking.

Garage says let it run and wear in abit but surly that cant be right?

Reason I replaced it cause it was knocking!

Also feels like air is still in clutch and needs bleeding more, could that be causing it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

sure it not the crank damper pulley knocking?

dont know what engine we're talking about but some ford engines were prone for crank pulley faults which can give a similar knock to DMF..

otherwise, no knock should be evident with new clutch/flywheel, even if there is air in system

sure it not the crank damper pulley knocking?

dont know what engine we're talking about but some ford engines were prone for crank pulley faults which can give a similar knock to DMF..

otherwise, no knock should be evident with new clutch/flywheel, even if there is air in system

Hi it's a 2.0 tdci focus got a pug engine.

When clutch is up it knocks abit when I put clutch down it stops?

So could that still be summit els?

would see if you can pin down which side of engine is knocking as this is one of the engines with crank pulley damper issues.

as you look from the front, crank pulley is low down on far left, clutch on far right

would see if you can pin down which side of engine is knocking as this is one of the engines with crank pulley damper issues.

as you look from the front, crank pulley is low down on far left, clutch on far right

Cheers for that I'll have a look tomorrow whilst it light and I can lie down and have a listen and will let u know

Unfortunately noise seems to be coming from right :/

I don't understand at all!

Il just had new flywheel an clutch put it how can it be knocking when the clutch is up? Could it of been damaged fitting?

I went back to the guy straight away and said there was a knocking noise coming from clutch and he said well there wasn't when I tested it after fitting, I hadn't even drove it for even 3 mins only moved it. So surly summits up here? Not happy as I'm sure people can imagine.

take it back, his response to your concerns was beyond a joke..

dont care if it was or wasnt knocking when he tested it, whats he trying to suggest? that you have somehow caused this problem by driving a few yards...mans a joke if ive read this right

they need to check their work and if necessary, put it right, be it faulty goods or workmanship.

can always take it for a second opinion first, especially if you doubt the garage that fitted it will be helpful, being armed with the knowledge of whats wrong means more power to you..got to be worth spending a few quid on

take it back, his response to your concerns was beyond a joke..

dont care if it was or wasnt knocking when he tested it, whats he trying to suggest? that you have somehow caused this problem by driving a few yards...mans a joke if ive read this right

they need to check their work and if necessary, put it right, be it faulty goods or workmanship.

can always take it for a second opinion first, especially if you doubt the garage that fitted it will be helpful, being armed with the knowledge of whats wrong means more power to you..got to be worth spending a few quid on

Yeah I'll do that get a seconds opinion thanks so much

Sounds like the csc bearing aint bin replaced that's same issue I had on my mondeo 2.0 tddi when I pushed clutch down it stopped,iv replaced it an it don't knock now