Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ford Focus 05 Better Door Speakers

wackyracer8

Hi. I'm on the look for some better front door Speakers for my ford focus 05. I just want to do a straight swap, don't want to be cutting the doors etc.

Can anyone recommend any? Or the size I need in order to be able to do a straight swap?

Thanks guys.

Fusion are a safe bet.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Any links ?will these fit mk2.5?

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Any links ?will these fit mk2.5?

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

http://www.fusionelectronics.com/car/products/speakers-encounter/en-fr4021

Give them a call. It was a few years ago, but I had a whole fusion setup in a mk 1. They were very helpful, told me everything that would fit right in.

Very good quality and excellent sound.

http://www.fusionelectronics.com/car/products/speakers-encounter/en-fr4021

Give them a call. It was a few years ago, but I had a whole fusion setup in a mk 1. They were very helpful, told me everything that would fit right in.

Very good quality and excellent sound.

Thanks, I have given my local supplier an email to see what they can come back with.

a straight swap for the Speakers out of the titanium.....

a straight swap for the speakers out of the titanium.....

This might not be a bad idea. I can't say anything on the quality tho.

The aftermarket ones I have had experience with are considerably better than Ford's standard one's. Boss's Range Rover HSE has bang and olufsen sound system in it. Excellent. (And it should be at the price he paid!)

ford standard Speakers, the titanium ones are IMO very good... perfect upgrade for yourself..... you wont be disappointed they don't !Removed! when under bass like most cheap brands do....

ford standard speakers, the titanium ones are IMO very good... perfect upgrade for yourself..... you wont be disappointed they don't !Removed! when under bass like most cheap brands do....

Are you saying the fusion one's are poor? Or are you just making a general remark?

I have a set of Vibe Slick 6 Speakers in the front of my MK2.5. To fit it, I had to cannibalise the original door Speakers such that I didn't need to get any adapters or drill out the pop rivets that hold the stock Speakers. They are a decent set, a big improvement over the stock speakers. Don't expect miracles though in the bass department as to get any sort of low end frequency properly, you would need a small sub woofer powered by an external amplifier. If you are after decent sound, that IMHO is the way to go and it's not going to blow the bank. I got a second hand amplifier and sub woofer and quite pleased with the results. Further down the line, the plan is to upgrade the speakers to a set of Focal PS165, the sub woofer to a 10" JL Audio and a custom sub box in the boot. Also, forgot to mention that, an after market head unit will make a world of difference to the sound.

Have fun experimenting with the set up :)

there is nothing wrong the the sound quality that comes out of my satnav unit. if needs must i will upload a sound recording of the Speakers from the standard h/u. then do a separate 1 with the sub woofer turned on....

kristriple, was just making a general remark that the cheaper brands of audio are of poor build quality.... ive had 2 fusion subwoofers in the past and blew them both due to the fact there rms output is a load of pants, and they are of cheap build quality and no where near as good as pheonix gold, jl audio etc....

kristriple, was just making a general remark that the cheaper brands of audio are of poor build quality.... ive had 2 fusion subwoofers in the past and blew them both due to the fact there rms output is a load of pants, and they are of cheap build quality and no where near as good as pheonix gold, jl audio etc....

Like I said, I had a full system in my focus mk1. It was 10 years ago, but it was an excellent system.

Maybe fusion make a "cheap" range these days? When I bought mine there was nothing cheap about them. Head unit, 4 door Speakers, sub and amp. I don't remember exact figures, but it was about £2000..... unless that counts as cheap?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club