Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice-Slightly Disheartend This Morning...

KatieLouise

Morning All Hope You Can Help...

So I goes out to check car as I do every morning and today is luckily his full valet wash down day (Hes needed cleaning for last 2days, so he's jumping with joy) but as I goes to prep wheels I noticed a slight chip in my new alloys purchased literally around about 2weeks ago.. I'm unsure how to treat this chip, wether to paint over it or what, I feel slightly disheartend as I thought I had been looking after him so well :(

All advice would be great thank you in advance!

Katie

Forget to attach picture.. before cleaning may I add haha

post-52055-13954867358_thumb.jpg

Is that the focus rs style wheels? If so very nice!! You could try one of those correction pens from halfrauds?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Stone chips are the bane of our lives. Touch up with a corrective pen as said above. then maybe seal with one of the wheel products which will make washing the wheels easier as well.

It is an RS alloy yes :) I wanted an RS U see but didn't have that much money to play with haha.. I will do that thank you :)

I would love a set of those for my 2006 fiesta st but cant justify the price of them atm :-( maybe one day lol.

I only paid £400 with deliver which I thought was great :)

I know it's horrible, I hate damaging wheels, but you have to think of it this way. At some stage your gonna get a mark or two ;)

As others have said, touch up pen or paint from Halfrauds should cover it, it's not huge.

Now go wash the car lazy bones ;)

I guess ur right! I washed him inside and putt and never guess what.... Within an hour it !Removed! it down, typical ahh!

Thats really good! Where did you get them from if you dont mind me asking?

Love how excited you sound when talking about your car, whats he called? Do you think you could come clean Roxanne for me? Lol

Ahhhhhhh gutted :o :o :o

Nothing worse than finding a damaged alloy.... especially when they are so new

Should touch up pretty well thou hopefully

I got them of eBay Steve, then tyres where a further additional price but all worth it :)

Haha Daniel he's become my main man after ditching the guy (isn't how it sounds) he's become the best thing to ride haha ;)

• Like 1

I meant to say "Drive" sorry guys ;)

• Like 1

Sounds like you need a car with lane departure warning ;) :p

• Like 1

Well that lowered the tone of the conversation haha

It did lower the tone but shall we start again haha

Touch up pen won't really work due to the heat coming off the brakes and wheel, it'll just come back again and again, best thing would be the wax pens you get, they come free with turtle wax bottles at the moment, it'll come off next wash but just reapply, my old RS clio has a scabby bit of paint but I just used a blue wax pen and nobody ever noticed when I told them to go and find it. black is a funny color to match up using pens also.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Your best choise would be a touch up paint + clearcoat which are sold as kit on eBay. Even Ford sells alloy wheel touch up kit. Your other option is to drop in at the nearest paint shop at they'll mix a small bottle with paint and clearcoat for you for decent money.