Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Zetec 55 Reg Spark Plugs Help Please

bravo31zero

I'm looking to replace my spark plugs and need some advice please.

Choices I'm looking at are either:

NGK TR5IX-11iridium

Bosch Super 4

thanks

Rob

it comes with Bosch as standard though they are marked fomoco they are rebranded Bosch

Ok thanks but would the super4 or the ngk be ok in mine?

Thanks

Great info, do you know any part numbers please.

Thanks

i dont mate but you can order from ford

Are they single electrode from ford?

I've run 4 different sets of spark plugs in my car first a set of standard NGK, then Bosch with the 4 electrodes (worst ones to be honest), standard Bosch and then Denso Iridium's, the Denso have been the best out of the 4 with the Bosch being the worst, I usually fit NGK to any of our petrol cars but thought I would try the Denso which have been faultless so far.

Just my 2 pence worth and experience.

Diddnt know OEM was Bosch.

Looked at the denso's earlier.

Was going to choose the Bosch +39 range but would be great if I can get some more feedback on both choices.

I have a Halfords trade card and get quite a lot off with it. But they hold have ngk or Bosch

I rang up for a price on the super 4 retail was £21 trade card was £13 so will get the price for the +39 ones

Looked at the denso's earlier.

Was going to choose the Bosch +39 range but would be great if I can get some more feedback on both choices.

I have a halfords trade card and get quite a lot off with it. But they hold have ngk or bosch

I rang up for a price on the super 4 retail was £21 trade card was £13 so will get the price for the +39 ones

Its just my honest opinion I run all our cars on Shell Nitro + so may make a slight difference but I will honestly say the Bosch where the worst I had every used, If I had a choice of Bosch or NGK for Sparks it would be NGK every time, but it was just chance that I tried the denso.

Must admit I have always run ngk in any of my bikes over the years.

Just seen denso platinum set somebody selling new under a tenner.

My heads sparking more than my focus lol

Bosch are standard in ford focus from 2004-2007 and many mk1 had no issues with them ever on any car ive had no issues with the ngks either so really its a toss between the two its a Bosch coil pack and Bosch leads they are single electrode the focus doesnt like the 4 electrode ones and bosch dont even recommend them i use the iridium ones with no issues

bosch are standard in ford focus from 2004-2007 and many mk1 had no issues with them ever on any car ive had no issues with the ngks either so really its a toss between the two its a bosch coil pack and bosch leads they are single electrode the focus doesnt like the 4 electrode ones and bosch dont even recommend them i use the iridium ones with no issues

Any iridium's from the main makers will be fine, I have probably over complicated it but to be blunt if you can afford iridium's get a set may it be Bosch, NGK or Denso if not I would personally get a set of NGK's.

I thought about the 4 electrode ones but it was the ones I got told to get by my Ford main dealer when I went to buy my belts not a clue why there are 4 electrodes as the spark will choose the path of least resistance and the other 3 electrodes will just get a carbon build up.

• Like 1

If I'm correct the 3 or 4 electrode spark plugs were used in spitfire planes or so I was told so not a new concept.

So to clarify iridium over platinum?

Appreciate everyone's comments so far and due to certain makes not running right. I know its not an St170 lol but still need it to run smooth even more so being an auto

Just to add I wouldn't buy of eBay too many fakes about.

I would always choose iridium over platinum.

Sorry if I over complicated it.

• Like 1

I put some ngk iridiums I'm my focus 1.6 petrol recently and they have been brilliant, they replaced new original ford plugs, I would go back now ngk all the way

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks mate

Would these irridium plugs work in a 2002 1.6 focus? Only had the car three days

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Of you go on the ngk website they have a checker which gives you the exact plug model to use, it shows standard and uprated plugs that will fit

i've heard some stories especially in the Subaru/ford world that the tip of the plug breaks off and goes into the engine.... so from that id go with standard plugs like these

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2006/p/Car-Parts/Service-Parts/Regular-Service/Spark-Plugs/?408773020&1&4939cb0bb2d39546794d34ced571524f4fc1f763&000301

If you were to look for proper ford plugs my local dealer charged around 3 quid per plug

If you were to look for proper ford plugs my local dealer charged around 3 quid per plug

Does it matter if they are OEM plugs from ford? Sure they are just the same plugs as Euro car parts, CES or something?

they prob are, just branded differently..... just like ford 5w30 fully synth oil.... could be the same as Castrol magnatec 5w/30 just branded differently to get more money.....

i've heard some stories especially in the Subaru/ford world that the tip of the plug breaks off and goes into the engine.... so from that id go with standard plugs like these

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2006/p/Car-Parts/Service-Parts/Regular-Service/Spark-Plugs/?408773020&1&4939cb0bb2d39546794d34ced571524f4fc1f763&000301

NGK TR5A-10

The -10 means they are gaped to 1.0mm.

they prob are, just branded differently..... just like ford 5w30 fully synth oil.... could be the same as castrol magnatec 5w/30 just branded differently to get more money.....

Is the ford focus 1.6 zetec engine use 5w30 oil does it?