Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Galaxy Gear Change

Big Al

Hi Guys

Feb 09 picked up motor from airport parking in Birmingham and had to drive home to merseyside using only 3rd and 4th. Local garage fixed it for me - Ball and socket disengaged!!

Last Wednesday same thig happene again - Local garage fixed it for me again both time free. good guys.

Just happened again any heath robinson repairs that work please.

Garage guys used a hot glue gun to reline the socket - worked for a while. any other offers on a more permanaent repair. Apparenty new bits will cost around £280. Galaxy if a 1999 v reg. I think that is what its worth!!

Help

Cheers

Big AL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Feb 09 picked up motor from airport parking in Birmingham and had to drive home to merseyside using only 3rd and 4th. Local garage fixed it for me - Ball and socket disengaged!!

Last Wednesday same thig happene again - Local garage fixed it for me again both time free. good guys.

Just happened again any heath robinson repairs that work please.

Garage guys used a hot glue gun to reline the socket - worked for a while. any other offers on a more permanaent repair. Apparenty new bits will cost around £280. Galaxy if a 1999 v reg. I think that is what its worth!!

Help

Cheers

Big AL

Son's Gal has exactly the same problem! How long did it take them to fix it? I can't seem to find out how to get at the

gearbox end of the linkage to reattach it :(

I had thought of taking the battery out and then the tray etc BUT it appears that this is part of the engine mount !!

If they had to strip that lot out first then I'd be amazed if they did it for nowt :P