Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xenon Kits

FiestaGirl89

I'm looking to upgrade my lights so that they look a lot brighter and not as yellow.

Does anyone have any advice on which are best?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

You can go for halogens such as Osram Night Breakers, otherwise a full xenon conversion with self leveling and washers to keep it legal and pass MOT :)

Thanks for the advice!

I've heard that the osram bulbs are bright but don't tend to last very long??

I have Night Breaker Plus Gold, put them in Jan 13. Still going strong, bright as anything. Don't even need full beam in unlit areas, I've heard good things about some Philips ones too.

Edit - My use probably averages 4-5 times a week for about an hour a go.

Only option for very bright and white is to go HID route. These are not however strictly legal if you don't have self levelling etc. I fit them to my ZS and my ST and have never had an issue with being flashed or stopped by the boys in blue. Luckily though as I don't need to MOT for 3 years I won't have to swap them out for some time.

That doesn't sound so bad then tbh. Are they easy to fit? Did you do yours yourself?

They are relatively easy but you do have to take the headlight units completely out of the car, but be brave. Try get them from a UK seller, eBay has loads, not ones from China. I used HID's direct, they have a website and eBay shop. They are very helpful if you have any queries and reasonable prices, expect to pay around £50-£60 for a decent set. There are loads of guides on here just search HIDs.

Post some pics once you have done them.

Yeah I will do thanks :D

Sarah if you have any problems just PM me and I will try to help you.

Thanks I will do! :D I'll have a look over the next week then get on it.

The job I'm working on ATM are my lowering springs, just waiting for them to be delivered!

I know Halfords can sometimes be a bit of a cuss word but last week I found I had one head light out on one side and one side light out on the other so decided to replace all four, I actually found that Halfords LED 5w5 wedge bulbs were really good once fitted as I was sceptical. As side light bulbs they are great extremely bright and give the front end nice look. As for dipped beams I used a Halfords XID Xennon look bulb that is extremely bright and has that night bright white look and feel to them. Needless to say I was sceptical but very impressed now! Lets see how long they last but honestly its a much cheaper alternative if you don't want too Shell out for a flu HID conversion etc. I also have Halfords ultra bright main beams and they also give a nice white light to them.

I must say I do not work for Halfords or any counterpart there of.

• Like 1

Haha hmm are you sure you don't work there?? Only joking! :)

Thanks for the advice, it'll be a while before I get anything yet but ill deffinately have a look into those to even if they are from there!

Sarah get cree LED's for your sidelights they are the best LED's by far. You can get them off eBay for about £5 each.

Ohh thanks I'll have a looksie into those too! :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club