Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

Berghii

when i bought my car, the garage i got it from only gave me one key. and it wasnt for central locking.

i thought that my car should have it, but i went to a key person and they said it wasnt available.

i have a 2005 pre-facelift zetec.

does anyone know whether i should have it ?

thanks.

Even if there is not a remote key for this model, the garage should still have given a set of 2 keys.

Even if there is not a remote key for this model, the garage should still have given a set of 2 keys.

well they only gave me 1 ... and i have to splash out 65 pound for a new one.

how do i find out if it has it.

coz im sure it should do.

You could do this in more depth,

But a quick search into google of "2005 fiesta zetec central locking" brings up many selling adverts of 2005 zetecs, and yes, they all seem to have remote central locking.

I no my model is an 06 facelift and that has remote central locking, so i dont see why yours shouldn't. Does it not mention anything in youre user manual etc.?

i seem to remember as 2 of my mates bought the pre face lift mk6 and the choices then was you either got central locking or air con, im not sure if this is of any use but im sure that you shouldve got 2 sets of keys

You could do this in more depth,

But a quick search into google of "2005 fiesta zetec central locking" brings up many selling adverts of 2005 zetecs, and yes, they all seem to have remote central locking.

I no my model is an 06 facelift and that has remote central locking, so i dont see why yours shouldn't. Does it not mention anything in youre user manual etc.?

it does talk about the central locking key. but i dont know if it should have one.

its annoying me tho. it says it should come with 2 coded keys and that two keys are needed to code another.

doesnt say it comes with it.

Was it a ford garage or independant dealer that u purchased from?

Eithier one, it wouldnt just be the question of central locking i would be asking. I would also be asking where my other key was.

Last year when i was looking at a second hand car, i came across one that was only being sold with one key, this garage then offered the price of the key off of the final agreed price.

Was it a ford garage or independant dealer that u purchased from?

Eithier one, it wouldnt just be the question of central locking i would be asking. I would also be asking where my other key was.

Last year when i was looking at a second hand car, i came across one that was only being sold with one key, this garage then offered the price of the key off of the final agreed price.

it was a garage called .. the wright car center.

not a ford dealer .. but a quite well known garage.

I would def see them about the one key issue.

As to whether or not the car should be central locking, it looks to me like it should, but thats just from looking ad selling advets. Maybe somone else on here will have a better idea. Like "Fezza5" says, do u have Air conditioning?.

I would def see them about the one key issue.

As to whether or not the car should be central locking, it looks to me like it should, but thats just from looking ad selling advets. Maybe somone else on here will have a better idea. Like "Fezza5" says, do u have Air conditioning?.

not that i know of. i really should find a list that just tells me about every spec my car has. i dont think it has ac.

I'm sure you should have got 2 sets of keys. When you sell a car they always ask "do you have both sets of keys?"

I remember buying my MK6 (Reg Vardy) and it only came with one key but they admitted it should've come with 2 so they arranged for me to get a 2nd coded for free at my nearest Ford garage....which was fun when the Ford garage messed up and managed to reset both keys and needed to order another part, so my car couldn't be moved and had to sit for a week in their garage!

Oh and the car has air con as well.

when i bought my car, the garage i got it from only gave me one key. and it wasnt for central locking.

i thought that my car should have it, but i went to a key person and they said it wasnt available.

i have a 2005 pre-facelift zetec.

does anyone know whether i should have it ?

thanks.

Mine is the 2003 Pre face lift.

Its the 1.4 TDCI LX and mine has the remote central locking. its got the one remote locking key and the programing key as a spare. My car has aircon to.

I would of thought that yours would have it mate.

Mine is the 2003 Pre face lift.

Its the 1.4 TDCI LX and mine has the remote central locking. its got the one remote locking key and the programing key as a spare. My car has aircon to.

I would of thought that yours would have it mate.

thanks ... how would i go about gettin a new key and gettin it programmed.

and how much is it gonna set me back?

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-facelift there was the Zetec and the Zetec AC (which, as the name suggests, included Air Conditioning). Neither had remote central locking as standard, though they were centrally locked from the drivers door barrel. As such no remote key needed.

Some pre-reg cars may have had it added as an option by the dealer. Other than that, there were some special editions (including the Flame, which I had on a 54 plate) based on a Zetec which added RCL amongst other things but, as I recall, neither Zetec got remote locking until the facelift model arrived for 06MY.

thanks ... how would i go about gettin a new key and gettin it programmed.

Instructions for programming the key are in the owners manual, for the immobilizer programming you need 2 working keys.

For remote central locking you just need 1 working key and you can have up to 4 remote's programmed to open the car.

I found the above and information on changing the unlocking function of the doors which I prefer (first press of unlock only opens drivers door, 2nd press opens all doors).

As for the key purchase, I would either get my local dealer to order me one (by giving them the key number) or having them cut 1