Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2008 Fuel Flap - Should It Lock With Central Locking?

jwm

I've bought a used Focus Style Estate 1.6 and I'm wondering about the fuel filler flap. The flap doesn't seem to lock when the doors are locked.

It's one of the ones that has no cap under the flap but the mechanism opens it up when you stick a petrol pump nozzle in there.

Is the flap supposed to lock when the doors are locked?

Thanks

the mk2 definately locks with the central locking i would assume the mk2.5 would as well

the flaps arnt ment to lock, to called the easy fuel system.... if your car is petrol, you can only put petrol nozzel in, the diesel wont fit as it needs a bigger bore...

the answer to your question is the little metal flap on the filler pipe should lock with central locking..... if it doesnt take the car back and get it changed..... we had this problem with our car and took 1 mth of our warranty to get it fixed.... then they put the petrol end on (we have diesel) so it had to go back again to get it changed. this time parts came over night very quickly lol

As above.

The easyfuel system means a locking flap is not necessary.

Ah right, thanks. I'll test when the doors are locked to see if I can get the little funnel thing they supply into the fuel filler.

just try and push it with ur finger.. if it dont budge then it works

Yes, sorted, when I prod the mechanism under the flap with the doors locked the flap is locked!

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club