Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With A Led Strip Kit!

smitt008

Right guys i need some help please. im a newbie at all this stuff. ive purchased http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360886091139?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and i would like to wire it into the dash so when i unlock the car they come on with the dash and go off with the dash. but i have no idea where the find the right wires in the car to wire upto. please help there are so meany diff ways on the net and im just confused! thanks for your help guys :)

The best and easist solution is to bring a wire down from the interior light along the roof lining and down the side of the screen , then find a sutable earth point.

that sounds like to much faffing around tho lol. ive seen 1 guide wireing it up to the side light switch by the stering wheel but im not sure if that would work.

that sounds like to much faffing around tho lol. ive seen 1 guide wireing it up to the side light switch by the stering wheel but im not sure if that would work.

The side light ? , if you wire it to there then they will be on when the lights are turned on.

You will soon get tired of having bright LED's on while your driving.

ok so where is the best place for me to wire them up so i can just switch it on the cigerate lighter? and is it easy to get accsess. but thinking about it there is a switch in my wireing so can kill em off when i want 2 really if i did wire em up to the side lights

You could wire it too the light switch and include a switch , the switch can be any where you want to place it , either center console or by the steering rack.

Where are you placing the LED's in the footwells?

yea in the footwells at the front. but just need to know 100% what i need to do to make sure its right

Anywhere you see illumination on your dash is a possible location to join into. The kits has everything you need by the looks of it.

A 12v tester will find a live feed for you.

12v feed?? where will i find one of those sorry lol newbie

You can get a 12v side light feed from the rear of the heater controls and radio , but wire colour i don't know on a Fiesta , but if you have a 12v tester it will be easy to find.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club