Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 1.6 Titanium Service.

karlos1987

Hi all.

I'm trying to source all the parts for servicing my focus.

Just wondering if any1 can recommend a specific filter, oil etc or just go for the bog standard stuff from euro car parts.

Cheers.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

I always choose the best I can afford, depending on age and mileage will depend on what needs doing as well as previous services.

I would choose a fully synthetic oil, depends what you prefer as have 4 different cars with all different makes of oils, think ford oem oil is a re branded Castrol magnatec.

Martyntdci your basket is coming up empty. I had a look at euro car parts and it was going to cost me around £60.

What's the difference between fully and part synthetic oil? Which is best?

Since owning the car (2 years now) I have changed oil and filter pollen filter spark plugs air filter. The car has got 48500 miles on the clock. It's a 58 plate.

When do I need to get the cam belt changed?

Would you recommend replacing anything else other than what I've stated above?

I have got a fuel filter which I never got round to doing last year. Does anyone know if it's an easy job? Where Is the fuel filter located?

Enter your VIN here and you can download the service schedule for your car: http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=E2CB7E32353A662742D10CCDB4B1C5E9.eccvas504

You need fully synthetic oil for your car. Everything you need to change to have your car fully serviced is on my previous post.

Ok that's great. I will do that tomorrow.

With regards to the oil if I need fully synthetic why do people list part synthetic for my car?

Sorry I must sound really dumb but font quite understand the differences of them.

hey Karl, its up to you mate what you choose to buy, us here can only give you idea's and people have different opinions on what to use due to there own personal preference.....

I would go to Euros as they have a nice 30% deal ATM. (Promo code mot30)

Hengst air filter

4x ngk spark plugs

Crossland activated carbon cabin filter

4 litres petronas syntium 5000 FR synthetic oil

Mann oil filter

Sump plug seal

£52.52 with the discount (saving of £22.49)

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

• Like 1

BTW fuel filter is technically a lifetime non service part on these.

I would always use fully synthetic oil as from what I have been told, semi synthetic oil breaks down quicker than fully synthetic oil.

Even though some people don't bother changing it if it hasn't been changed before I would change coolant, brake, steering fluid.

The list above posted by Higgsy covers everything you need for a service.

• Like 1

They are not dumb questions. Moreover, everyone here has been in your situation once. :)

As martyntdci have stated, it's to personal preferences what oil/part to choose. Sadly, the leading reason for people in most of the cases to choose semi-synthetic oil is the lower price. But you can be sure that you need fully synthetic oil for your car.

Ford recommends coolant change to be made at every 10 years, so don't bother with it.

P.S. The list from hinggsy is very good if you don't bother to stick with OEM parts.

• Like 1

Thanks tor all your help guys.

I will get on the case tomorrow.

Cheers.

so in the case of semi synthetic oil breaks down quicker, owners could buy this with a new filter (at lower price) and use it as a engine flush instead of buying the purpose flush that would cause more damage than good.......

So the engine flushes you can buy are not good for your engine? Is that what your saying?

Personally if the engine is looked after an engine flush isnt needed.

• Like 1

They are not dumb questions. Moreover, everyone here has been in your situation once. :)

As martyntdci have stated, it's to personal preferences what oil/part to choose. Sadly, the leading reason for people in most of the cases to choose semi-synthetic oil is the lower price. But you can be sure that you need fully synthetic oil for your car.

Ford recommends coolant change to be made at every 10 years, so don't bother with it.

P.S. The list from hinggsy is very good if you don't bother to stick with OEM parts.

Personally even though ford says 10 years its just something I would do sooner. But it is completely personal preference what you do.

I maintain our family of 4 cars and always do extra when servicing doesn't cost much extra and is cheaper than a basic service from a dealer its just something I do.

• Like 1

I never engine flush, nasty stuff and I always think about the inevitable residue of this that will mix with the new oil and affect its integrity. Regular oil changes with decent oil is all that is needed especially with modern synthetic oils/ engines. As mentioned before you are much better buying some cheapo oil and running that for a few hundred miles and rechanging, but I even think that is overkill really. Personally I change my oil every year which is 6-8k miles, sometimes I change it sooner if a see a cheap eurocarparts offer or something and am bored and want something to tinker with :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be servicing my car in a couple of months but the oil is getting low. Would it be ok to top up with 10w 40 just for the meantime?

I wouldn't mix grades of oil really. should be 5w30. If you are going to be servicing in a few months why not just buy 5 litres of oil now - the 1.6 only takes 4.1 litres (although 4 litres was perfect for mine) then you have the oil for the service. Eurocarparts have an 30% off oil and a free oil filter when you buy triple QX brands at the moment. shouldn't cost much more than £20

Edit: promo code is Spring30

Ok mate nice one. Yea think I'll just do that then when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.

this is what i did last week.... took about 15mins to drop my oil n filter, refil with oil from asda 5w30 but was semi synthetic Castrol..... not too bothered as im gonna change the oil n filter again in like 2 weeks time, as this is just a temp flush thro as im not gonna use engine flush....

Ok. So if your doing it as a flush it doesn't really matter if it's cheap oil or not?

How long do you leave it before changing again?

Do you do the sump plug and washer each time? I.e with the flush then the proper oil change?

I can see the benefit of this but think on a petrol its not as beneficial as on a diesel, I did the very same thing on my old corsa always did 2 oil changes couple of weeks apart. Alot more rubbish gets into the oil in a diesel, thats why new oil turns black more or less straight away after you've changed it - that really used to pee me off after an oil change lol.

I think on a petrol, as long as the oil have been changed regularly a straight oil change will do. However running for a few weeks with some cheap oil (correct grade not just any old oil) can't be a bad thing its just extra expense.

When I used to do it I would just drop the oil leave the filter and the put the plug back in as is, then when I did the proper oil change I would change the filter and washer (it was a rubber ring on my old derv corsa and its an elastomer rubber one on the focus too - you can get them for euros for 26p)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club