Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Getting An 2010 1.6 Mk2.5

DMB1

Hi, been looking at these forum for the past couple of weeks weighing up whether or not to buy a mk2. I've been thinking of buying this car below.

http://www.johnbarrcars.co.uk/used-cars/ford-focus-1-6-zetec-5dr-crumlin-201403172580589

Is there anything I should look out for? Also is the price reasonable?

Went up to see it the day and the car is really clean. When does the timing belt need changed on these and how much do they roughly cost all in?

Any advice would be great.

Mark...

Looks a really clean car. What's the service history like. Belts I believe are 100k. I'm replacing mine at 75k.

I would look for the newest registered mk2.5 titanium with as much kit as possible :-)

Jamie

Looks a really clean car. What's the service history like. Belts I believe are 100k. I'm replacing mine at 75k.

Full service history with the last one done in Dec with a main ford dealer over here in NI. Is there any obvious issues I should look out for?

Mark...

Also what's that engine like on petrol (1.6 100). At the minute I'm currently getting around 30mpg, is this engine any better. Also how much does it take to fill it?

Mark...

I don't know how much it takes to fill but I get around 37-40mpg. I don't drive like Ms Daisy though so it gets worked hard!

If I drive sensibly with a mix of town/rural I've got 44mpg before now.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I would recommend finding a 1.6 ti-vct 115 engined car. Far better driving experience than the standard 1.6 in my opinion, lots more low down torque and more poke.

Also I paid £7100 for my 10 plate zetec s with 19k on the clock 6 months ago(I admit this was a really good price) So would say deffo shop about a bit.

I have been getting 32mpg to on the trip Meter over the winter and that's all city driving, however true mpg works out at 34 when worked out on paper, that's mostly easy driving with the odd blast.

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

Have been looking about and there isn't many other cars in my price range and the vast majority of the 1.6s only coming with 100bhp.

I've also been looking at this one, but prefer the sea grey colour.

http://www.usedcarsni.com/2010-Ford-Focus-1-6-ZETEC-100-5Door-125312795

Also is the timing belt changed at 75k or 5 years (which ever comes first?)

that one looks nice, prefer the sliver, but colour is a personal thing. 8 years or 100k for timing belt

IMO they are a little on the expensive side, to compare, I got mine for £5800 6 months ago, same spec/year/everything, and only with 18000 miles at the time.

I'd say do a decent haggle, or go elsewhere.

Thing is he is in Northern Ireland and I think they are more expensive over there

Thing is he is in Northern Ireland and I think they are more expensive over there

Exactly Higgsy that's my problem, loads available on the mainland but the choice isn't as good over here in NI.

Anyway been down to look at this one tonight and it's immaculate.

The only thing that I'm worried about is the miles on the clock plus the rear parking sensors, why aren't they colour coded. I thought that Ford colour coded these.

http://www.suitormotors.co.uk/stock.html?car=119055102&grtkey=1395966952_99d18bd895fb90220ea222af48b22785

Exactly Higgsy that's my problem, loads available on the mainland but the choice isn't as good over here in NI.

Anyway been down to look at this one tonight and it's immaculate.

The only thing that I'm worried about is the miles on the clock plus the rear parking sensors, why aren't they colour coded. I thought that Ford colour coded these.

http://www.suitormotors.co.uk/stock.html?car=119055102&grtkey=1395966952_99d18bd895fb90220ea222af48b22785

Those will have been added after it was bought, maybe a DIY job, you could buy some touch up paint though.

higgsy is right in regard to the 115bhp engined car, but I think you only got those in the Zetec S variant of the Mk2.5. That said I'm on my second 100bhp, firstly a Zetec Mk2 and since this Monday a Titanium Mk2.5, and they are nippy enough, shove it into third and away you go at overtaking. I had a Mk1 1.8 Zetec before I bought the Mk2 1.6 Zetec, with a Volvo S40 SE 2.0l briefly slotted inbetween the two for 9 months

I also agree with James in regard to stretching to a Titanium spec if you can. I had the Titanium add on's in the Volvo, and missed them in the Zetec, hence I went for a Titanium this time around. And given the choice of a Zetec S with it's 115bhp engine or an 100bhp Titanium , I'd always opt for the Titanium, but that's me.

But which ever you choose to buy, the agility of the car will be excellent, and you will thoughly enjoy driving it.

Good luck.

PS: if you buy one, clean the front wings lower arches, they get clogged up with mud between the wheel arch returned lip and the wheel arch protector, all the way back up to the wheel arch protector securing screw. Then buy some front wing mud flaps, it'll be the best money you spend on it, in fact I just orded some yesterday for my new ride

Edit: Obviously as I was lacking sleep in the wee small hours :rolleyes:

I got my Stainless Steel Sill Protectors mixed up with my Front Mud Flaps. It was the sill protectors I orded yesterday. I orded the Mud Flaps the day before I picked the car up, and fitted the day after I got the car home.

• Like 1

I was looking at focus's in NI on the web - there really aren't many offered for sale, and the 4 year old ones all have about 40k on the clock and are all around 6.5k, with that small number of cars I can see why they hold their value better.

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

Hi there,

I bought my first Focus 2 months ago - 1.6 TDCI Titanium mk2.5.

I personally couldn't recommend this car enough!

Jake.

I sold my 11 plate Sport with 19k miles on it privately for £8,000. It was to a friend for a quick sale as the dealer price was between £9k and £9.5k and they would only give £6.5k in PX.

I never had an issue with the 100bhp engine. The gearing was just right for motorway driving and accelleration was fine. It took 5 of us fully loaded over the North Devon Hills without having to change down and gave me 45mpg on a run. If you can get a the Sport vesion I would go for that as you get the Titanium interior, Comms Pack which includes SatNav, Voice Control USB , bluetooth etc, Reversing Aids, Auto Lights and Wipers, the Auto Dimming Mirror and some nice alloys.

• Like 1

Cheers for all the advice, getting a titanium model over here is very rare and are a good bit dearer than the zetec models. Still undecided on what one to go for as I like them all.

I would like the blue if the miles were a bit less and the sensors were colour coded. Is it ok to paint them after they have been fitted? Would it affect the sensors when in use.

Its fine to spray/paint them, I have seen others do it

• 2 weeks later...

Ok still looking for one, what I've been wondering some 2010 cars I have been looking at have a grey 6000CD player and some have the all silver model. Is there any reason for this?

Mark...

I second getting the Comms pack and the Sports pack if you can.

I have a standard Zetec 1.8. But with the 2 packs above added it makes it miles better to look at and there are some nice toys inside to play with.

Ok still looking for one, what I've been wondering some 2010 cars I have been looking at have a grey 6000CD player and some have the all silver model. Is there any reason for this?

Mark...

This is the car I was referring to, with the silver CD player. The car is also June 2010.

http://www.usedcarsni.com/2014-Ford-Focus-1-6-Zetec-5dr-128277990

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club