Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speeding :(

Clarky2013

So after 4 and a half years of careful driving I made an error and got a ticket through for 36 in a 30 :( Does anyone know if I will be able to take an awareness course and the 90£ fine or is that too much over and will it be points? I've read the letter again and it doesn't mention if I qualify for the course just says they consider it, does anyone know from experience?

Done a bit of googling and in Hampshire the speed not must exceed 10% + 6 to qualify for the course. I will go on the half day and learn my lesson.

Hard luck fella, fingers crossed you do get the course!

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Done a bit of googling and in Hampshire the speed not must exceed 10% + 6 to qualify for the course. I will go on the half day and learn my lesson.

The wife wasn't listing when she went on one. Now has 3 points. LOL

I'd be inclined to just take the 3 points

Surely no conviction to have to mention to your insurance is the better option if given the choice of a course?

im gonna take the course for the exact reason above, don't want to wreck my clean license and no motoring convictions

I did the course, longest 3-4 hrs of my life. Also got caught since when a dual carriageway was changed from 40 to 30 with no signs.

And Birmingham are introducing 20mph limit on a load of roads soon, its going to be awful

:oops: 36 in a 30. It wasn't by a MASSIVE YELLOW BOX was it? lol

• Like 1

You have to declare you going on the course with some insurance companies now.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

You have to declare you going on the course with some insurance companies now.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Smobile app

Surely going on such a course should reduce your premiums as you've been more educated as a driver.. Or is that too backwards even for the government? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It's not the government that have asked for it to be declared, it's the insurance companies. Either way, by speeding your a higher risk driver to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I was picked off on a dual carriage way next to a Mway junction by the Gestapo in a van in a layby. Wasn't over by too much and eventually (in wifes company motor so took ages for paperwork to get to me) got offered the 're-education' course which I of course took.

It was actually quite entertaining, there was a double act running it and one of the guys could make a living as a stand up comedian. There was a husband and wife couple at mine that had both been caught by the M62 roadwork's that were on-going at the time and he was merciless with them.....

I was in the afternoon class of about 50, + 50 in the morning, every day, all across the country. They have to offer re-education otherwise the entire country will soon be banned from driving for going 3mph over the limit.

The main push was if you don't slow down you are going to kill a child, they then show a film of masses of uncontrolled school children running across the road outside a school into the path of a poor unfortunate driver.

They also claimed that their good work was responsible for the drop in road deaths. I think the drop is more likely due to modern cars that you can crash at 50mph and walk away (try that in an old mini or MK1 Fester) and mainly due to the fact that no testosterone fuelled under 25 year old males are on the road due to not being able to afford any insurance.

• Like 1

Do the course if you can - I did it a few years ago - tedious, boring and most of the info is around general road safety in relation to speed and how speed is the number one reason for virtually all accidents (Make your own mind up about how true that is!).

As you have said, it is only available to those within a small margin of the speed limit, so people much above the speed limit won't get the opportunity.

It will save you points on your licence.

I'd certainly do the course if offered.I did one a few years back after getting caught doing 35 in a 30 on my bike

Took the course, sat for a few hours listening to school run mums and taxi drivers whingeing and then went home...after pulling a minging wheelie along the road by the centre :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club