Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Chips

sammoo11

• 4 weeks later...

New to this but was wondering if anyone has heard of tuning wizard an what the chips are like?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

These are basic resistors (DIL= dual-in-line, looks like semiconductor chips but are fixed resistors inside) that normally connect to the IAT - (intake air temperature) sensor to fool the ECU into thinking its colder than it actually is, so it injects a little more fual into the engine

The boards the "chips" (resistors) are mounted on are veroboard (i type of cheap printed circut board used by students for projects- not normally used in commercial/ professional products) or a variable resistor (AKA a potentiometer- worth about £1)

you could buy the resistor(s) etc for under a fiver,(Maplin, etc) and do it yourself , better still, don't bother (often IAT resistor boxes reduce power, depending on the engine/ car)

Potentiometer from eBay 2 for 99p -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-1-5-10-20-50-100-250-500-K-M-ohm-Potentiometers-Single-Linear-Potentiometer-/291057189749?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item43c45c4375

you will need a little plastic box, some wire, and a soldering iron

(that fiver worth of box/resistor/veroboard is bieng sold for about £40 (fixed resistor) to £75 (variable resistor))

Or fit a tuning box from an established company (DTUK, Roverron, etc) or get a remap from an established company (eg- Superchips, Bluefin etc)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club