Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7.5 What Percentage Of Window Tint?

negendahl

Hi,

I am considering getting my back windows + the back windshield tinted, but i am in doubt of what percentage of tint to go with, i talked to a guy in the shop, he said that i should go for 35-40% but to be honest i have no idea how it will look.

Found this picture on Google:

1133-fiesta-mk6-tint-540x342.jpg

The above is a 20% - so 35-40 would be a lot lighter i spouse?

I have a Fiesta Titanium MK 7.5 in Midnight Sky, does anyone have pictures of the Fiesta with tinted windows, and could assist with the percentage?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

/Mick

20% tint will give the factory look and will be a bit darker than the factory tinted titaniums. 35% looks good in the winter but too light in the sun. 50%+ u would barely notice it. I recommend getting 20% if only tinting the rears any darker than that would make it difficult reversing at night

• Like 1

By law, window tints must allow 70% of light to pass through them. I'm not sure what grade of tint would allow this though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

By law, window tints must allow 70% of light to pass through them. I'm not sure what grade of tint would allow this though

That is for the front windows, the rears do not have a limit. https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

That is for the front windows, the rears do not have a limit. https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Ah ok. I didn't know that. You've taught me something

Thanks for the answers guys, 20% looks and sounds good :)

• 2 weeks later...

post-44742-139759484359_thumb.jpg Here is mine with the ford tinted added extra. These are dark enough in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Here is mine, came with the car, this is the darkest we can legaly put on the cars, I'm very happy with them, keeps the car surprisingly cool and no unwanted eyes prowling for something to steal, I have no problem looking outside.

post-52935-0-43920400-1397656281_thumb.j

post-52935-0-32934400-1397656418_thumb.j

post-52935-0-77812800-1397656439_thumb.j

Just a quick question. Do they make the inside of the back of car seem more confined

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Just a quick question. Do they make the inside of the back of car seem more confined

I don't think so, the only way I really notice it has been tinted from the inside is when I look out through my front window compaired to my side windows, but its not as dark as it looks when viewing it from inside out compaired to outside in, if that makes any sense

I don't think so, the only way I really notice it has been tinted from the inside is when I look out through my front window compaired to my side windows, but its not as dark as it looks when viewing it from inside out compaired to outside in, if that makes any sense

Cheers. You got any pics from inside?

Cheers. You got any pics from inside?

Sure

Sorry for the quality, don't think the pics do it justice

The pic on the left was taken outside in the shade, the one on the right was taken by the dealer when I bought it in the show room

post-52935-0-37613500-1397658716_thumb.j

post-52935-0-23957500-1397658741_thumb.j

You can have 100% limo black tint on rear quarters and rear but the front passenger and driver side must allow 70% through remember the factory windows have a slight tint on already I think they are 5 or 10% standard so you can add up to 20 to 25%. The windscreen stays non tinted.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I'm sure its possible to tint the front window aswell, if only just a bit, its more for protection for smash and grab.

I have seen and tried to brake a window with just the standard 3M smash and grab on it, its a long story but a friend of mine lost his keys playing on sand dunes and we were 600km away from the spare keys, but it took a hammer and about 6 hits before it broke and even then the glass stayed in place

I'm sure its possible to tint the front window aswell, if only just a bit, its more for protection for smash and grab.

I have seen and tried to brake a window with just the standard 3M smash and grab on it, its a long story but a friend of mine lost his keys playing on sand dunes and we were 600km away from the spare keys, but it took a hammer and about 6 hits before it broke and even then the glass stayed in place

Haha :-D sounds like a painful experience for your friend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Haha :-D sounds like a painful experience for your friend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Cost him about 1000 pounds, replacing window, new keys had to be made and tow in service, he left the handbrake up, so we had to brake the window so the towing service could pull the car up, jip, he wasn't too happy, we on the otherhand.........

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club