Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice Control Not Working

Silverbackmatt

I reckon this has been covered before so apologies if it has. Anyway I fitted my new stereo / sat nav after my other unit packed up and it seems to work great other than the voice control. If I press the button on the top of the stalk next to the steering wheel the screen changes but I don't hear the ladies voice asking me for options and basically it doesn't do anything. Does this sound like I need to reset the system by disconnecting the battery? Hope I've explained the problem properly.

2008 Focus

Thanks.

Morning.

battery has been disconnected but the problem hasn't gone away....Any ideas??

Could be the setting isnt enabled on the new stereo?

How would I enable the voice control?. My phone seems to bond and I'm able to make a call but the screen still reads no phone?? and if I press the voice control button the screen changes but I don't hear a voice? So frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Leave the battery connected and unplug the bluetooth module behind the glovebox.

That should reset the module without resetting the stereo.

I'll give that a try, but wouldn't that be the same as when I disconnected the battery? I left the battery off for over 30 mins.

It would in a way but you also reset the stereo, sometimes its best just to reset the failing component whilst the stereo is alive. That way, the stereo sees it has been "rebooted" and can cater for it in its logic.

I haven't took it apart yet as I've been working away but I'm gonna give it a go next weekend. I'll post the results. Thanks for the help mate.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

No worries, good luck!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club