Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

biggy119

Hello guys now I have a focus tdci 59 plate .

Iv been monitoring my mpg and on average i'm getting 27-33 mpg .. I think this is bad coming from the 1.8 engine ..

Any ideas ??? .

I am getting it Re-map next month

Wow that's crap!! I have same engine 09 plate and average 45mpg and hubby says I could get better if I chose to drive like a lady!!! Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Is that town milage I average around 33 in stop start conditions and around 45 on a steady run 15quids worth will do between 90/120 depending on how I drive it went to Cardiff and back down the A49 on Monday on 40 quids worth averaged 45 and that's hitting heavy traffic on the way there .i,d take it for a long drive fill up and reset your trip computer at point of fill up and see how it does .

Also depends on how fast you go on the motorway. I'm getting over 600 miles in my 09 plate focus 1.6

And I drive at 60 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

It's mostly city driving yes but still I think it's a bit crap ... I will try the reset .

If I may suggest to brim the tank and use and app such as Mileage off Google Play store to keep track of your fuel consumption. I am dubious of the mpg reading off my own car as it has never lined up with what I am getting by using the app. Also, usual things to watch out for mpg e.g tyre pressure, carrying excess weight, engine regularly maintained, clean air filter etc.

• Like 1

I have the same engine on an 08 and get 49MPG. I do 60 miles of motorway driving each day Monday to Friday and also use the car to deliver pizza 3 nights a week. Lowest it dropped to was 47.

Hmmm interesting ill have to have a look see when last service was to

Do you always drive in the city? getting a diesel might be a bad decision

No not really I drive 8 miles to work 6 days a week and then to my gym on days off which is 3 miles and in and out of town

do you take it for a good harsh run?

also have the 1.8 tdci millage if 78k on a 08 plate, around town, heavyish foot i get around 42mpg

on a long run steady 75ish i average between 65-70

When you say harsh run u mean ??

thrash lol, to clean the system out, as diesels don't like to be pottered around town....

No not really i don't take it on runs to thrash it

I really do not understand how people on this forum manage to get such low mpg,I can only put it down to your poor driving styles and doing 80 down the motorways. I can get 70mpg sitting on 55/60 down motorways,60mpg on a roads and going at the corners with it.even if I'm spanking it down A and B roads Etc I'll still get 50mpg.i get around 45-50 in city.

My mother that uses the car seems to get 35mpg on the same routes I can get 45-50 on.its all in the driving styles.

• Like 1

I think most on here must be reading the instant mpg read out and not the average as I drive sensible don't go tanking it as I can't afford to and can get no where near the seventy sand eighths stated on here yes on instant mpg but not average best I can do on average is 50 and that's doing about 55/60 on the motorway a160 run to Cardiff on Monday down the A49 returned 45 mpg which I was happy with I couldn't even get near the seventy sand righter when I had my clio 1.5 dci and that was economical .

I'm not reading the instant counter.i did a round trip of about 40 miles or so couple of weeks ago to tenterden,not even trying to get mpg and returned 68.1.i was averaging 71 but I had a bit of fun for a few corners.i do 70 mile trips of maidstone to catford too and get 60-65 mpg and that's a mix of probably 5 mile B road,25 motorway and and another 5 of city .

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hmmm this is all interesting so which one do I read then cos one has a circle with a line in it then the numbers and other one just has numbers

I used to get near 50mpg out of my old Fiesta 1.25 Zetec, but that was when I drove it VERY cautiously - getting into 5th as soon as possible, and leaving it there for as long as possible. Doing no more than 55mph. never accelerating too hard. Always lifting off the throttle early. Sure, I could get 50MPG, but it was !Removed! hard work! Driving normally, probably around 40MPG. I wouldn't drive very much if it was getting less than 40MPG.

Wait, hang on, you're in 1.8 TDCI and getting LESS MPG than a petrol 1.25? How is that possible? You should be averaging 50MPG easily in a diesel!

Forgive me, because this will sound incredibly condescending, but have you done the maths properly? I'm sorry, but I just find it very hard to believe that a diesel could ever achieve such a low MPG.

This is why I'm saying am I reading the wrong one

Wow that's low - I average about 31mpg around town and 40mpg on a motorway run sticking to roughly 70mph.

And thats in a 1.8 Petrol!

My driving is on occasion "spirited". But good driving practices otherwise (used to practice "hypermilling" in my old Renault Scenic 1.9 dci, 60mpg was easy in that on any journey over 10 miles).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club