Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Window Close

GothicRebel

Evening all. I'm

Wondering if I can get the car to auto close any left open windows when I lock the car. I've got the Russian software and a modified elm 327 cable. Is there an option to enable the car to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

im surprised its not already a function on your car with global closing/opening?

Nope. It's a titanium. But if I leave a window down, and lock / double lock my car. The window stays where it is and doesn't close when locked.

Have you tried holding the lock button on the fob for a few seconds. That should start the auto closing. Same with opening. Hold the open button when you unlock it and it should open the windows.

Have u tried initialise them hold window switches up for 30 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I mean more along the lines of if my mrs accidentally forgot and left the passenger window slightly open. And we left the car and I locked it. When I locked it the car would close the open window.

Global locking only works when u hold lock button down I think there is feature doors will lock them selves after certain amount of time but don't think windows do that

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Do you have 5 doors and all round electric windows? (expect you do as you've got a titanium) That's a pre requisite for this to work from my research. Anyway if its not working the settings are all in elmconfig to check and ensure they are activated, under the GEM IIRC. As the guys say you have to hold the lock button on the remote to auto close them and the unlock to auto open , the windows don't close when you lock the car, but what it does mean is if you notice you don't need to walk back the the car/ unlock the car, turn on the ignition and close the windows.

Wish I had this, but not possible on mine :(

If you have electric windows all round you can get a module that plugs into the OBD port that shuts the windows when you lock the car.

I'll dig around on eBay for you.

Yeah its 5 door, all electric windows. Just wondered if it was a feature i could activate use the elm config program.

• Like 1

There's no setting in ElmConfig to force the windows to Auto shut if you leave one open in error , only way it can be done is to manually hold the lock or unlock remote buttons , ot via an addon gadget like Stoney was talking about.

Thanks all. I just wondered.

Something that hasn't actually been mentioned is that you need to hold the lock button on the key at the same time as locking the car, so it's push once to lock the car, a second time to dead lock etc, then continue to hold the lock button, then the windows should shut, well they did on my 07 Focus Ghia. A very useful feature which is lacking on my 61 Fiesta Titanium !

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390681079420

Note- these modules only work if you have all electric windows.

It will do nothing if you have manual rear windows.

Stoney would this work on a 58 plate focus titanium? I've got electric windows all round.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

As far as I'm awsre yes.

For a few quid it's worth a punt.

• Like 1

As far as I'm awsre yes.

Nothing to loose really. I shall be ordering one of them.

• 6 years later...

Does anyone have a name for this module as I cant find anything on it?

On 3/28/2014 at 3:58 PM, Stoney871 said:

As far as I'm awsre yes.

link wont work for me

On 3/27/2014 at 11:25 PM, GothicRebel said:

Yeah its 5 door, all electric windows. Just wondered if it was a feature i could activate use the elm config program.

You have it as standard.

Titaniums and Ghias with x4 electric windows have global open/close feature.

Press the lock button twice (to double lock car) on your remote,  then press and hold the lock button for three seconds and any open window or sunroof will close.

And the opposite to open.

• 10 months later...
On 3/28/2014 at 2:31 PM, karlos1987 said:

Stoney would this work on a 58 plate focus titanium? I've got electric windows all round.

The link is dead bud any chance u got another 1 please for a 2013 model thank you 

On 3/27/2014 at 11:25 PM, GothicRebel said:

Hello, Global open/close is probably disabled for your market.

If you have x4 electric windows WITH one-shot open and close, then you will be able to activate it in the GEM using forscan and a suitable cable.

11 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

disabled for your market.

Do they get a different spec in Yorkshire 🤣 but after 7 years he might have given up and just changed his car.

9 hours ago, unofix said:

Do they get a different spec in Yorkshire 🤣 but after 7 years he might have given up and just changed his car.

Ha, Ha (faceslap) just noticed LOL