Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Fiesta Won't Start After Changing Battery. Flashing Red Light

karllap

Hi,

I had to change the battery on my Fiesta which you would think is obviously straight forward however since then when I turn the key the car doesn't even turn over and the immobiliser light starts flashing quite fast.

Unfortunately I only have one key so I can't try a different one.

I have done a bit of trawling and I have found quite a few articles about things like this happing and most say that the key will need re-programming. Can anyone confirm this as its quite expensive and I don't want to do it unless I am sure that it is this that is wrong with it.

Also, I am near Warrington in the North West so if anyone knows any companies that can programme the key or can recommend any garages in the are I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, has anybody experienced this issue and can confirm how it was fixed?

U need get faults checked first then probably need ur key coded again

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

U need get faults checked first then probably need ur key coded again

Hi,

When you say get faults checked what do you mean? Bearing in mind that I can't start the car to take it anywhere .

Thanks

make sure you have not got polarity wrong way around!!

Well u will have to get someone out or get car towed or u could count how many flashes out red light I might be able tele u the fault

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Tried this on another car, not a Ford. Remove the positive cable from the battery, then after a minute or two, put it firmly back onto the terminal in a single push, don't let it chatter as the current stop/start will tell the immobiliser that the electrical system is being played with and cause it to operate, Worked on the car I tried it on, but as I say that wasn't a ford.

I've fixed it.

There is a little earth that attaches to the negative post. This cable had snapped and obviously nust have something to do with the immobiliser.

Fixed the cable and starts on the first turn

Thanks for all the help anyway guys and hopefully this may help somebody else.

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it sorted as starting problems can be a total !Removed! to resolve.

• 4 years later...
  • Hi I am having this same problem after replacing ford battery but it also will not recognise any diagnostics tools put on by RAC, car key bloke that came out or my fellas mechanic mate who had a quick check.  how the hell do I fix it without it being able to tell us the fault? any ideas folks... its  2008 fiesta

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club