Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Switch Bulbs, Ford Focus

Silverbackmatt

Has anyone changed the window switch bulbs on a 2008 Focus? If so is it an easy job or a pig? Noticed one not working yesterday.

Thanks.

Oh really, was hoping it would be a push in type.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 all instruments, control panels and switches are lighted by LED's. All of these LED's are soldered onto the circuit boards. Some Circuit boards have SMD LED's and others have normal top LED's. The only way to replace a broken LED is by resoldering the LED and replacing it with a new LED of the same type/color/brightness.

The driver side window switches are lighted by top LED's. The passenger side window switch for 2 electric windows has also a top LED and the passenger side window switch for 4 electric windows has a SMD LED.

Both SMD and top LED's can be found on eBay.com for low prices. My experience is that finding the correct brightness may be a challenge. I simply order some different LED's and compare them with the Original LED to determine the best match.

I had no idea a simple blown bulb would be such a pain, But thanks for the detailed information mate....very helpful.

Bring back the push in type in my book :)

I maybe soldering failure from factory, most of cases resolder will help.

EDIT: Don't use too much of heat on SMD's, it may burn useless. Same thing Top led.

OK thanks, I'm hoping to have ago next weekend, I'll try to resolder first.

Actually i doesn't matter how bright LED's are, you can add resistor, so it dim a little. And it also secure led's current handling. led stripes include resistor itself, but also adding resistor i might be dim a little more ;):)

Cheers mate. Still think the switch should have one central push in type bulb to illuminate the four switches....so much easier :)

I find the light on the passenger switch the on drivers side to be dimmer than the drivers switch, I was wondering if this is by design to make it stand out more or if there might be a problem with it, can anyone else confirm if this is the case on theirs?

In my car both same brightness, just tested

• Like 1

one must have an issue then, not that bothered - just wondered really, might take a closer look tomorrow. Cheers for checking

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club