Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Ford Focus - Alarm And Central Locking

amboman

Hi Folks

I purchased a 2003 Ford Focus today for a decent price but there are two niggles (One of which I was made aware of and the price reduced to take into account).

The first issue is the Central locking dosent work, I was told that the fuse was removed as it drained the battery. Does anyone know of a possible cause of this short and where I should start looking?

Second is I dont have an alarm key fob so I am guessing the alarm (if one exists) only comes on when central locking does, if I am wrong is it possible to retrofit an alarm / door unlocking system on a keyfob?

Cheers for the help in advance

Shane

The alarm only comes on when the doors are double locked and I am pretty sure you can only do that if the central locking was working. With a fob you press to lock twice, with the key you turn it to lock twice. The indicators would flash as well.

So essentially I need to trace the fault in the central locking

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club