Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Problems

JOC14

Hi guys, A newbie with his first question... bare with me now ha ha

I'm having a slight problem with my 57 reg focus and it's starting to really get to me now. when driving sometimes the engine will bog/cut out, when trying to start again there is no ignition lights? after a few turns of the keys the car starts again. it was not until last 'NIGHT' the same fault happened again... this time it blew my headlamps (main beam only) all indicators, sidelights and full beam work? I have replaced the main beam bulbs and yet again the same problem the main beam bulbs have blown again after cutting out.

I have checked every single fuse about half an hour ago and all are fine... I'm really confused has anybody experienced this or no of a solution to resolve my problem??

thanks in advance of course.

Raymond.

It sounds like corroded earthing points or a wet fusebox.

It sounds like corroded earthing points or a wet fusebox.

I have cleaned the earth point on the inside of the n/s wing, I believe there is another from the battery to the alternator? correct me if I'm wrong.. what's your views on the earth strap from the body to the engine/gearbox? surely it won't be?

thanks.

Check your charge rate , if the alternator overcharges it could cause this

Thanks, I will check it tomorrow when at work! I hope it is an easy fix

If it is overcharging then check the red wire going to the 3 pin plug on the alternator , they tend to corrode and cause this.

I drop tested the battery at work today and the voltage sits at 12.4, my colleague told me the alternator is (NOT GOOD) #%$€€#

Do you think this will be my problem guys?

thanks.