Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust System

Lee Oyston

Hi I have a ford fiesta zetec 1.4 58 plate

I was wondering what I would have to get on my exhaust to make it have a deep sound to it when turned on when I have looked at my pipe it doesn't seem to have an bolts and its a full pipe all welded I was just wondering what's the bit that makes the noise what I could get for my car for the deep sounding noise when turned on thanks. [i really don't know what I am talking about]

You would need a new cat back. something like this

IMG_2982_zps44fb1954.jpg

There a number of different ones you can go for, milltek is £350ish, mountune is £300ish and there is also powerflow, cobra, mongose...the list goes on.

I kept an eye out and got the the one in the photo second hand

So would the only way to do it is saw my pipe off and weld it on or pipe clamp it back on and would I have to get a new back bumper or saw holes as my exhaust doesn't show. Thanks

you would need to cut the old exhaust off if you are just replacing the cat back and then clamp the new one on.

What mk of fiesta do you have? mk7 or the facelift 7.5? is it a zetec s or zetec etc?

you could cut your diffuser as it sits, depending on what is on the car or you could change the rear diffuser to an s1600/ metal diffuser with the cut out all ready in them.

So if I cut my cat back that's on now do I just need a pipe clamp on another one and I have a zetec 58 reg face lifted model, Is their anyway to have the exhaust like not on show as I don't want to cut a hole in my bumper

Thanks

the cat back you buy should come with everything you need to make it fit,

I'm not to sure if you can buddy, normally part of the reason people get one is to show off the tail pipes so I don't think anyone has fitted one and not had to either cut a section out of the rear diffuser or replace it with a second hand one with the cutout already there.

What's better milltek or mountune I have been told the mountune exhaust is just a mountune branded milltek exhaust

There a number of different ones you can go for, milltek is £350ish, mountune is £300ish and there is also powerflow, cobra, mongose...the list goes on.

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

What's better milltek or mountune I have been told the mountune exhaust is just a mountune branded milltek exhaust

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

The catback looks the same but has different interals - baffles etc.

the only difference this gives is the mountune is quieter than the milltek. That and the price difference

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club