Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Led Rear Lights?

zed550

Hey Guys, i've been looking at the link below for rear light.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/281149380318

Wondering if anyone had this or similar fitted? Is it easy to do? Is it legal?

Any constructive comment is muchly appreciated, thanks!

I looked into getting these but I just cannot seem to justify the price. Yes it is legal, is it a straight swap? I'm not sure but I couldn't imagine so. I am looking at getting a fly eye kit for my car, does anyone know the best place to get them?

As said, it is legal. Changing the lights should be fairly easy as it involves unscrewing a couple of fasteners behind the carpet in the boot, the only possible problem being the electrical connectors. If the lights are for the mk7.5 then they will fit, otherwise the earlier versions are different.

There are two versions also of this light, one is smoked, the other clear plastic lenses.

Clear

Smoked

Actually, looking at the title of my links, it says, 08-12 for the two above. so if you have a 7.5 then the item in link to your eBay version likely won't fit either as it's 08 onwards.

I looked into getting these but I just cannot seem to justify the price. Yes it is legal, is it a straight swap? I'm not sure but I couldn't imagine so. I am looking at getting a fly eye kit for my car, does anyone know the best place to get them?

Yeah I know what you mean, price is a bit steep, I agree. Although it's looking quite nice, but would be great to know why it's not sold in the UK, or at least I haven't came across any yet. Also as far as I concern there's different rear light needed for the 3dr and a different for the 5dr, but might be wrong. It's good to know that it's road legal to use.

Would be great to talk to someone who's got that fitted. :)

Fly eye kit? would look nice for the race red (?) fiesta.

I'm also looking for ST tailgate spoiler to put up, but not easy to find in frozen white, and maybe a zetec s skirt pack, but afraid they can be nicked easly..

As said, it is legal. Changing the lights should be fairly easy as it involves unscrewing a couple of fasteners behind the carpet in the boot, the only possible problem being the electrical connectors. If the lights are for the mk7.5 then they will fit, otherwise the earlier versions are different.

There are two versions also of this light, one is smoked, the other clear plastic lenses.

Clear

Smoked

Actually, looking at the title of my links, it says, 08-12 for the two above. so if you have a 7.5 then the item in link to your ebay version likely won't fit either as it's 08 onwards.

That's bad news. I wouldn't have imagined there's a massive difference between the mk7 and mk7.5 rear lamps, but then it seems like there is.

Oh yeah and there is (somewhere on the internet) a chrome version too:

Chrome

I have a 3dr on a pcp, do you think I could get them or would I need to swap them back if I was to give the car back or p/x in a year or two

I had the same on my Saxo, absolutely loved them, although one other thing would they fit RHD or are they just for LHD, my saxo ones had to be re-wired by the dealer as they were for LHD although the dealer charged just for a price of a pint!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I have a 3dr on a pcp, do you think I could get them or would I need to swap them back if I was to give the car back or p/x in a year or two

I had the same on my Saxo, absolutely loved them, although one other thing would they fit RHD or are they just for LHD, my saxo ones had to be re-wired by the dealer as they were for LHD although the dealer charged just for a price of a pint!!

I guess when you p/x you get the best deal if you're car is closest to original and in good shape. Because of pcp I could imagine the dealer asking you to revert the lamps back to its original state.

Would you really like to p/x your car in 1-2 years?

Tried putting the fly eye kit on mine but couldn't get the stuff to sit flat on the entire light due to the raised part.

Anyone else had success with this? I had the flyeye kit lying around for a month or so and it seemed very brittle when I tried so could have just Been my kit.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

I had fly eyes on mine for a while, they were easy enough to do as long as use a heat gun or hair dryer to stretch it over the bumpy parts. :) post-48360-139627683772_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I had fly eyes on mine for a while, they were easy enough to do as long as use a heat gun or hair dryer to stretch it over the bumpy parts. :) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1396276836.169699.jpg

Nice one mate! Did you do the window tinting yourself too? I've got a quote for the tailgate and for the two small side windows for 80 money. Does that sound fair?

Got new lights now tho ;) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1396277011.736637.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1396277027.369876.jpg

Looks awesome, this is exactly the lights i'm looking for. Did you get it somewhere from the UK, and was it straight forward to install?

Would be nice to see how it looks when it's on ;)

Good work buddy!

I had fly eyes on mine for a while, they were easy enough to do as long as use a heat gun or hair dryer to stretch it over the bumpy parts. :) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1396276836.169699.jpg

Did you heat the whole cutout up first or put it down on the flats bits and then heat it up to flatten around the raised bits?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Got the new lights from Germany, thought it would just be a straight swap... I was wrong, never realised that the plug for the light unit was totally different on the the 7.5 than the MK7's. So had to re-wire the plug and couldn't find a wiring diagram anywhere. So I pretty much did trial and error and after I had wired the brakes to the indicators lol I finally got it working. Then it was just the case of banging the 2 screws and tightening the butterfly bolt up under the carpet. It was so worth it tho! Only took me an hour tbf, could of done in half that if i knew which wires where which :P They look amazing at night. I'll get some pics up tonight.

The Fly Eyes were easy enough to do. Just cut out a square shape so that it completely covers you light and lay it over, don't worry about the creases and lumps, just get out a hair dryer out get the material nice and warm. It's pretty strong so don't worry about stretching it a bit. Keep heating it until it's nice and smooth over then just use a blade to trim off the excess.

Got the new lights from Germany, thought it would just be a straight swap... I was wrong, never realised that the plug for the light unit was totally different on the the 7.5 than the MK7's. So had to re-wire the plug and couldn't find a wiring diagram anywhere. So I pretty much did trial and error and after I had wired the brakes to the indicators lol I finally got it working. Then it was just the case of banging the 2 screws and tightening the butterfly bolt up under the carpet. It was so worth it tho! Only took me an hour tbf, could of done in half that if i knew which wires where which :P They look amazing at night. I'll get some pics up tonight.

The Fly Eyes were easy enough to do. Just cut out a square shape so that it completely covers you light and lay it over, don't worry about the creases and lumps, just get out a hair dryer out get the material nice and warm. It's pretty strong so don't worry about stretching it a bit. Keep heating it until it's nice and smooth over then just use a blade to trim off the excess.

Sounds like a challenge with the lights. :) Might wait until they bring out an updated one specifically for the mk7.5.

Share some night pics! ;)

I guess when you p/x you get the best deal if you're car is closest to original and in good shape. Because of pcp I could imagine the dealer asking you to revert the lamps back to its original state.

Would you really like to p/x your car in 1-2 years?

Just thinking of things thats all, but if they have to be re-wired for the 7.5 then I can wait and see if they will bring out ones for the 7.5?

Some quick night shots..

Gonna get some better pics up soon :)

post-48360-139629990892_thumb.jpgpost-48360-139629993903_thumb.jpg

Maybe you could let people in the forum know what wire colours were changed over for the later model plugs? Could be a nice little tutorial which might benefit others who maybe want to swap fittings.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Iam Also trying to fit MK7.5 (led) rear lights on my MK7.

can annyone shed any light on this?

was first person to get mk7.5 led lights on car look good and good price (165 usually) from quantitec 
fit same as normal ones and here they are 14923988_1243821039015406_144633689_o.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27-11-2016 at 11:30 AM, Paramanic said:

was first person to get mk7.5 led lights on car look good and good price (165 usually) from quantitec 
fit same as normal ones and here they are 14923988_1243821039015406_144633689_o.jpg

Did you replace the connectors on the car or did you modify the lights?

just buy them and plug straight in sorted! they made a set for the mk7.5 its in german but says face-lift just use google translate :D 

• 2 years later...
On 11/24/2016 at 2:46 PM, gismo2 said:

Black smoke  lights

15111054_1668287636835391_8230733529152284092_o.jpg

15167530_1668287770168711_4218376507637788954_o.jpgWhat are these talighlights?? They look amazing

15235434_1668287890168699_3017748669815573737_o.jpg