Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Bolt Covers

mixmasterlooney

Right ladies and gents i have two of my wheel bolt covers come loose after having a CV boot change, they were always a bit wobbly on the front whereas the rear are tight.

How can i reattach these bolt covers and is that even possible? what is the best solution here, new bolts? There are alot of bolt covers on eBay but how would i go about removing the other covers if i were to buy a new set of bolt covers that are of a different colour?

post-43258-0-74295200-1396285533_thumb.j

post-43258-0-99004700-1396285557_thumb.j

A strong glue should do the job

As long as your wheels aren't on and off that often, it should hold onto the wheel nut easily

In work I use mitre fast (or mitre mate) a lot and it seems to stick pretty much anything I've tried instantly and is pretty strong and durable

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

A strong glue should do the job

As long as your wheels aren't on and off that often, it should hold onto the wheel nut easily

In work I use mitre fast (or mitre mate) a lot and it seems to stick pretty much anything I've tried instantly and is pretty strong and durable

Oh yeah i know that stuff, i too use it for work, is there any other glue that will work? i'm not sure how well it will hold on metal

Loctite do a sort of superglue which is very strong but I can imagine it being quite pricey compared to mitre fast

The only other sort I could recommend are 2 part epoxy glues

Mitre fast should be plenty strong enough tho, I've used it in work on metal parts of washing machines and it holds no problem

• Like 1

Theres a good strong glue called araldite super strong like

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Thank you gents I will give mitre fast/mate a go first before trying other glue as I have it to hand already.

If this fails I will compare the other two glue to new bolts price wise

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

• Like 1

The new bolts are expensive off ford like i baught 2 couple of weeks ago and gpt charged near a tenner like :angry:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I think a can of mitre mate is about 6 quid. Hopefully I won't need to go down that route

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

• Like 1

If you look on the edge of the cover there's little dents on each side. Place nut in the cover and use screw driver to tap the cover back on the nut. They are just pressed on to it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club