Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony 6000Cd Upgrade

sp77

I'm new to the site and need some info!

I've just got a 2010 focus estate fitted with a Sony 6000cd stereo. been trawling the net trying to find a possible replacement stereo with a usb port and came across the ford music box usb cable.

Has anyone had one fitted and what's the audio quality like??

also does anyone know of a stereo with a usb port the same shape as the 6000cd that would be a direct replacement and still have all the steering wheel controls/voice activation?? has the DAB version got a usb and could it be a replacement??

I don't really want to go to the hassle of replacing the whole facia ect...

Any info would be a great help!!!

I have the Ford music box and the sound quality is excellent.

Steering controls function well for skipping tracks and folders.

It will charge iPhones etc but only seems to play off memory sticks.

• Like 2

Sounds good as I will mainly be using a memory stick, can you tell me if you fitted it or had it done and what the cost was?

So is it a sony hu or a Visteon 6000cd?

This sony: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231191965388

or this Visteon 6000cd: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161262851125

If it is a Sony unit and you have already have voice control but no USB socket (either in the glove box or armrest) you can potentially change the voice control module to one with USB support which will give you full integration - track names/folders etc on the stereo display.

If its a Visteon 6000cd then the ford music box that Stoney has is prob the best option, nb this doesnt give track names/control on the head unit, it is controlled blindly by the steering remote controls.

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

It's neither of the units above its this one...post-52876-0-88279600-1396341176_thumb.j

That's the 2nd one I posted isn't?

That's a Visteon 6000CD, So you would need to go with the music box (about £70-90) really OR you could upgrade to a Sony HU and change the bluetooth module to one that has USB support. You never know your existing bluetooth unit may already support USB, you would need to check if it has a USB port on it (module is located behind the glovebox).

The other option is an aftermarket stereo that fits into the current facia, you will lose you current integrated voice control/Bluetooth though.

As above, if you have bluetooth in your car then check if you have a module with the USB already on it.

I fitted my own music box, it simply plugs in between the existing quadlock connector and the radio.

If you have an existing aux connection in your glovebox you just swap the plug in the quadlock over to the new quadlock so you can still use it if need be.

The USB cable is about a metre long so you have plenty of length to run it where you want it.

So..went to ford today and not really liking the sound of the music box after all so will probably go for a upgrade stereo and change the fascia...popped into Halfords and it's only £30 to fit so I don't have to mess about!!

they also said my stearing controls would still work.

So my next question is...

Can anyone recommend a good unit at a good price?? and has anyone had a replacement unit fitted with a photo if possible

Thanks for all the help!!

You will lose your inbuilt voice control/bluetooth functionality, although you can get aftermarket units with bluetooth.

You will need adapters to allow the steering remote to work and also an adapter that interfaces the after market unit into the cars wiring loom.

I'm bit out off touch with aftermarket head units as I haven't bought a new one for a few years, but I know from past experience its usually a lot cheaper to buy all the bits online rather than Halfords.

2nd hand Sony stock hu's can be had for 100 or so. If your existing bluetooth module already supports usb, this is a cheap and proper fully integrated solution, if you needs to get an upgraded module too, then maybe 150-200 in total.

• 1 year later...

hi all, just following this post and I am having some problems with my bluetooth... I have a focus 2007 ghia the unit that was in car when I got it was a Sony gen 1 ....I HAVE NOW PUT IN A SONY GEN 2 like the one above its not DAB.. I HAVE NOT GOT VOICE CONTROL button on the steering wheel just the normal steering wheel control... Now my question is I still have not got bluetooth so I have looked at the back of glove box and there is no black box ..but there is a big block connector so what control box would I need (there are some on e-bay Nokia one ) but which one do I buy ????also do I just plug into the connector that's there and then just connect my phone and start using bluetooth or is there any more I need to do ... to be honest don't mind not having voice control ..just want some help in getting it all set up and working... cheers chris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club