Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trouble Starting Focus 1.8 Tddi 2004

tonydb

Hey guys,

As the title says im having problems starting my motor. At first I thought it was down to the cold mornings and had to get the plugs to run a couple of times to get her going, and planned to change the plugs when the weather got better.

Now the weather is slightly better I have changed 2 of the plugs as the retailer sold me 2 different types DUH !!.awaiting the other 2 now.

Its still the same, I have to try to start it a couple of times before its catches and runs.

The plug light comes on for its 6 seconds ish and goes out then I try it the first time and it seems as though its killing the battery(battery is fine btw voltages type etc.).Try it a second time and sometimes it will run but mostly I have to try it a third/forth time before it will catch.

Any ideas??

After the mess up at the shop im now doubting whether I've put the correct plugs in now?

it was an online store with outlets around the country. Not sure if I can name them but it begins with an Euro and ends in parts I ordered 4 which they sent but it wasn't until today when I opened them and tried to fit them I noticed 2 were different to the other two.

There Bosch ones. Anyone know how I can check which are they correct ones if any??..

Hey guys,

As the title says im having problems starting my motor. At first I thought it was down to the cold mornings and had to get the plugs to run a couple of times to get her going, and planned to change the plugs when the weather got better.

Now the weather is slightly better I have changed 2 of the plugs as the retailer sold me 2 different types DUH !!.awaiting the other 2 now.

Its still the same, I have to try to start it a couple of times before its catches and runs.

The plug light comes on for its 6 seconds ish and goes out then I try it the first time and it seems as though its killing the battery(battery is fine btw voltages type etc.).Try it a second time and sometimes it will run but mostly I have to try it a third/forth time before it will catch.

Any ideas??

Well, sounds like there's is air in your system, check any leaks on fuel lines. And glow plugs should have part number so U can compare old and new ones. If not check your engine code and ask local ford dealer for better information. I quess engine code is C9DA, C9DB or C9DC. code is located near vacuum pump side of engine, i don't remember for sure, because my old car (focus TDDI 2001) has sold over month ago.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club