Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Mondeo Reversing Camera

csaxton

Hi All

I have a Mk4 2.2 titanium x sport and have a factory fitted reversing camera fitted.

Today, for some bizarre reason, when I put the car in reverse, it flickered for a second then turned off! The next time I engaged reversed, the camera did not even attempt to show. The sensors still work but I'm getting nothing on the display?!

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Cheers

Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If it is powered by the power to the reverse light bulbs, check the reverse lights are working first. If they are it must be the power to the camera or the earth.

After market cameras are wired as above, however I don't know if the factory fitted options are tied into the loom somewhere else.

Thanks, I have checked the bulbs and all is good on that front.

I'm leaning towards a loose connection somewhere as when input it into reverse a couple of times today, it flickered on and off what the gear is engaged!

I'm reluctant to take it into Ford but it may be the only way!

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Quick update on the camera...

I took it into Ford in Bromley, they had it for three days and finally replaced the camera, carried out a software update and gave it a clean for me all under warranty!

I also got to abuse a fiesta st as all other courtesy cars were out!!! Not a bad little car but too small for me.

Glad to see you got it resolved!

Hi Craig, I've got sensors on mine but no camera, Would you Recomemed them? Or do u rely on sensors instead?

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

I try not to rely on them too much as it is otherwise you will become lazy!!!

To be honest, I wouldn't go out of my way to get one retro fitted, it was just a bonus that it came with all the other toys!

I would be equally as happy with just sensors.

Cheers

Im going through the process now of ordering a camera and getting it installed, seems a fairly simple process and I will use it in conjunction with sensors. The mondeo rear window is not ideal for seeing small things like children, so I find I will use it all in conjunction with one and other and get the best peripheral vision.

Keep us up to date mate

• 1 year later...

Yes I have the same problem on my 63 plate 2.2 Titanium X sport. The factory fitted camera is a great feature, it allows you to see within millimetres. Now when it's damp and wet I get a green flickering screen and part picture, which is an indication of water ingress in either the camera or loom. Does anyone else have this problem? It's booked to go in next week I've looked at the other forums and Galaxy's have the same issue. Apparently there is a mark II harness! The service desk said there is a bulletin out for this issue so they have to take photos etc..

I just don't want to be going back and forth to sort this design issue out.

Yes it will, However if they just replace the camera then I might be back there next year. I was looking to see if anybody else had this same problem so I could help the service guys by saying replace the camera and the harness. Basically I want to find the root cause the first time.

Hi all,

What is it with these camera's? I've had my car now 6 weeks and on 2nd day of ownership,the camera started flickering between the radio and camera with some green and pink lines thrown in. It done this everyday for a whole week? Then one night,the local youths thought it would be fun to walk by my house while throwing stones at each other. one of them shattered the back window on my nice shiny mondeo :-( it didn't half go with a bang,and it was this that woke me up.

Anyway,

next day, I drove the car to where my wife works to get the back window replaced,I reversed into parking spot and it worked fine and has done since.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club