Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Servicing Advice!

ZetecShearer1987

Hi

Does anyone know the cost for a reasonable independant garage to service my car if i supply the parts.

How long does a full service take to do and what labour charge would they be looking to ask for.

I will supply the oil (i got some Shell helix ultra 5w-30 for £25)

oil filter (wix)

air filter (wix)

and the spark plugs dont need changing due to new ngk iridiums being installed recently.

So what would i be looking to pay roughly.

And will most garages be ok fitting my own parts

I had my last car serviced by a local mechanic working from his home in the evenings.

He did the full service for £30 and I provided the parts.

Not sure how long it actually took him, but it was certainly cheaper than getting it done by Vauxhall (sorry for the language)

Personally with you supplying the parts I wouldn't want to pay anymore than £50 tops. Most places where I am will do a small service for £99 that's with them supplying the parts.

Do you not feel confident enough to do it yourself?

I always feel if I done it myself I know that I'm not being ripped off.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Cost me 60 labour including a flush on the engine with forte. Needed a new battery though old one was only at 40 percent

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Be aware that many garages will not be interested in using parts/oil supplied by the customer. Best to give them a phone or go round and speak to them first.

Right so all is done, service complete and the car feels loads more responsive after the forte engine flush and Shell helix ultra.

I had Castrol magnatec 5w-30 in before which was only put in back in october as i only had a oil and filter change. The engine wasnt the quietest when using this, even though all there ads stating about the oil clinging to the engine and stuff.

The engine is now so much quieter, very noticeable to say the least.

Overall very happy with my choices of parts. Wix air and oil filter and Shell helix ultra af 5w-30

Also a shoutout to HI-Q Burton-on-Trent as they are a great bunch of lads who know there stuff and its a brilliant garage to go to, very trustworthy.

Hi

Does anyone know the cost for a reasonable independant garage to service my car if i supply the parts.

well you asked the question, you had it done, but omitted to tell the board how much you paid ! :rolleyes:

I pay £50 for a very thorough vehicle inspection including, brake/clutch and coolant condition tests, oil and oil filter change, lubricate door catches were required. Spark plug and air filter inspection, visual brakes inspection [wheels on] I know it all gets done as I'm there as it takes place. I supply the oil only as a rule.

But last week as the car I have is new to me, I also had a wheels off brakes inspection, including an axle swap of the tyres. Plus I did not supply the oil on this occasion, and I paid £90 in total.

if you are close to me i would of done it for you, and gone over everything whilst you were there. would not of cost you 60 notes tho, mayb 25, as it would not of taken more than 45 mins max.....

Well thank you Martin, but Staffordshire is a bit far, seeing as I live in North Yorkshire :ph34r: