Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immobiliser Not Working

dexterboyz
聽Share

hello all, I changed the barrel on the ignition of my mk5 35 van the other day, as far as i know i did not diturb the immobiliser apart from unscrewing the ring so as not to damage it when i drilled the old one out that had been on the blink and eventually gone kaput! anyway I czn't tell what code the immobiliser is now giving me so I have put a vid of it up on utube under (2001 fieast immobilise fault), if any body with any knoledge of these codes could have a quick look for me it would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks. 馃槂

thanks for your reply Dan, i'v still got the old key & everytime I start it I hold it up near the immobiliser ring?

many thanks.

I see....... I did not know that, I jst thought you could hold the old key up next to the ring & it would pick it up, is there a nack 2 getting the chip out without making a mess of the key as I tried removing one from an old key and it didn't end very well for the rest of the key?

many thanks.

If you can post up a photo of the key fob I'll attempt to advise you on your options.

oops, i'v already removed 1 chip out of the 2 possible keys, how will this effect it? the keys are just the standard black key with the little red cover on them?

many thanks.

You should be able to pull out the red cover and withdraw the immobiliser transponder.

If you can't and your new key has a working transponder in it you may be able to get an auto locksmith or maybe a high street key cutter to copy the coding over from one key to the other.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club