Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You Guys Have Driven Me To This....

Hotcookie

So after 3 months of driving the zetec s 1.6tdci (my first car!!!) I have bit the bullet and ordered an st!

So many people on here talking about how much they love that car and after reading review after review trying to convince myself not to get one as its just a luxury buy considering what I have, I couldn't hold out any longer!

Went down to the showroom today to get some figures and they had 2 in stock. One in race red which had been sold, and another in molten orange which I like but the mrs didn't. They had a look and had a race red st2 in Glasgow with the style pack on and offered me it for the price of the st1. I couldn't test drive it because the race red was sold and the molten orange was in the showroom, but he started the race red up and gave it some revs and the sound alone sold me without a test drive.

I imagine I'm gonna get berated for not test driving it first, which I guess is kinda stupid, but I love my zetec S and I figure this will just be even better. It's getting lorry driven up here next week and I just have to go down and sign for it or something and they will put the 14 plates on and I get in the next day.

So So So excited!

• Like 1

Congrats on your purchase ! I'm sure you will love the st :)

• Like 1

The first drive will be a nice surprise for you.

Have tissues handy ;)

I've been driving a 2014 Focus ST estate for work for 5 days now and my undies keep alternating between brown and white :D

I bought one without a test drive, the first time I drove her was quite scary, well worth it though. Sure you wont be disappointed. Be careful

Just got my red ST-2 today. Well pleased! I love the backlit ST logo on the door sills

I know I can google this, but what is the difference with the st 1,2 and 3?

Nice choice OP ;)

ST1 basic, ST2 has power start, half leather heated seats, tinted windows ST3 is pretty much the titanium of the ST world with pretty much every gadget going on it I believe

Jonny welcome to the ST clan. Brave decision to buy a car without a drive but as Clive and Daniel have said you will not be disappointed. Careful with your right foot when you get in it the acceleration is awesome.

Thanks for the replies guys, can't wait! I'll whip some photos up when the beast arrives!

With regards to the acceleration - they offered me the mountune upgrade for £500... I politely declined for now, think the double in horse power is enough to be going on with!

£500? Wow that's a really good price. I've had my ST2 for 3 months and and still considering the Mountune upgrade but would probably want to get the upgraded inter-cooler and all the associated hoses and pipework that they sell as well so total cost is getting near £1500 and I can't afford that just now.

Like you the power increase in standard trim is impressive for now but I suspect you might start thinking about it pretty soon.

Hey Phil you've got an impressive list of cars you've owned.... what's been your fave?

Jonny that's a real difficult one to answer because most of them had their good points and bad points. If I had to chose I would put these as all on a par after the Impreza;

Impreza turbo-for its shear exhilaration and road holding

ST220-power and compfort

ST2-(of course) great fun to drive and awesome power for its size

RS Turbo-because it was my first real performance car (didn't last too long till I ended up in a ditch due to icy roads)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club